Thread: Banks that have account software that allows you to insert lawful demand clause.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Pondering this type of scenario might be helpful...

Utility bills, credit card bills all seem to be denominated in $000.00 and often $ and such are in a box. Its more like the only time you see the words lawful money is when the alleged borrower is out to get money from the bank--but credit in the USA and much of "the world" is money.

When dealing with FRB member banks, there is credit that is specific to that clearinghouse system. If you want to redeem that scrip for lawful money there is 12 USC 411 redemption for lawful money. On the other hand SEPARATELY, if you want to add a rider asserting that all of your transactions with respect to a given account shall be construed to be in lawful money, that is another matter: notice to the law department and perhaps also to the state AG or nearest U.S. district attorney. Point being, its best to avoid mixing things up.

Why are they separate?

If you overdraw or if charges are made to an account, the bank sees you as owing them for honoring an item, so therefore the currency of choice would be lawful money rather than clearinghouse scrip--that is a separate matter from depositing checks from someone else which to which might "redeemed for lawful money" verbiage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag maniac View Post
    A-yup....that be me.....but it's the bank's online interface that provides for a customer comment for each transaction.....not using any banking software on the home PC. I do this because it's available to me....though a simple written demand recorded @ the county recorder, then a certified copy of same sent to the Fed Res Bank for your region would make your demand known sufficiently.

I've had the unfortunate experience of being in an ATM line where a customer or two ahead of me seemed to be trying to initiate a home equity loan or some such....
    Well, the FRB membership is key. If the bank is a member of the FRB, that means the FRB is its bank. As an FRB member, the bank has duties associated with that membership and is bound by all applicable regulations--unless of course they want to cease to be an FRB member and lose their license through the OCC. State banks aren't necessarily required to be members of any FRB but they may be eligible to hold accounts there.

A notice to the FRB with respect to an account associated with its 'domain' should probably also be echoed to the Secretary of Treasury or to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
    Last edited by allodial; 06-24-15 at 02:17 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Well, the FRB membership is key.
    You nailed it right on the head allodial

The Truth About the Economy is Terrifying.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"