Thread: revival of the Starfire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    About that TRUMP video - "actually I'm a mason. I wouldn't know." seems like bad translation. Given the context of a thirty-something year marriage it's more likely he said "...actually amazing. I wouldn't know." He wouldn't know because he hasn't been married to anyone that long.

You will, perhaps, not mind if I play the skeptic. I fear Mr. Gardner has veered off into the woo-woo. Levitation? Teleportation? Those are some rather fantastical claims about mfkzt powder/white bread. Let's start with the term "monatomic gold."

monatomic: adjective - consisting of one atom
    especially: having but one atom in the molecule

Science tells us monoatomic gold would exist only as a thin hot gas. As it cools into a liquid or solid the single atom joins with other gold atoms (or whatever is close by) and is no longer monatomic. So that's a misnomer.

But maybe he's referring to a multi-atom molecule containing just a single gold atom. A layman might be forgiven for this labeling error. There are many of these gold-atom substances. And as they relate to the human body, some are toxic, some inert, and some therapeutic. For example sodium tetrachloroaurate(III) [gold sodium chloride] is a chemo-therapeutic. https://www.alfa.com/en/catalog/012148

Gardner really doesn't help his case when he brings up David Hudson, the Arizona cotton farmer whose claims were more pseudoscience than substance.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/ORMUS

What's interesting is the subject of gold nanoparticles. Gold nanopowder has use in therapeutic agent delivery. www.reade.com/products/gold-au-metal-gold-powder Yet there's still a lot we don't yet know about gold...
    Bulk metallic gold is known to be inert, exhibiting a surface reactivity at room temperature only towards a few substances such as formic acid and sulphur-containing compounds, e.g. H2S and thiols.[1] Within heterogeneous catalysis, reactants adsorb onto the surface of the catalyst thus forming activated intermediates. However, if the adsorption is weak such as in the case of bulk gold, a sufficient perturbation of the reactant electronic structure does not occur and catalysis is hindered (Sabatier's principle). When gold is deposited as nanosized clusters of less than 5 nm onto metal oxide supports, a markedly increased interaction with adsorbates is observed, thereby resulting in surprising catalytic activities. Evidently, nano-scaling and dispersing gold on metal oxide substrates makes gold less noble by tuning its electronic structure, but the precise mechanisms underlying this phenomenon are as of yet uncertain and hence widely studied.[3][8][9]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetero...gold_catalysis
    So just what were the Ancients doing on that Mt. Serabit temple?
    Last edited by lorne; 08-14-19 at 12:45 AM.