Thread: state sales tax

state sales tax

guys, I discovered how to pay zero sales tax. Bought items worth $21.61 today and paid no Sales Tax.

Name:  iUrjkxI.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  270.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    guys, I discovered how to pay zero sales tax. Bought items worth $21.61 today and paid no Sales Tax.

Name:  iUrjkxI.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  270.3 KB
    It is a Sales Tax - not a Buyers Tax. But you should give us some details about the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    It is a Sales Tax - not a Buyers Tax. But you should give us some details about the conversation.
    I agree. Most times they are double dipping. The Seller should already have that Sales Tax incorporated into his Retail price. For the privilege of charging retail prices the Seller enters into a trust with the State to collect Sales Tax on behalf of the State. These days the Seller's charge full retail; and, on top of that retail price, they pass the Sales Tax along to the Buyer. The Buyer ends up paying twice. It is a nifty swindle because the Buyer will never win an argument about double dipping when said Buyer does not set the retail price.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

There were no magic words i used to buy the USB drives and the candy bar. The cashier conversation wasn't much beyond the usual "how are you?" "Here is my rewards #"

I offered a $10 off $20 coupon, and the 11.61 balance was paid with something called STAPLES REWARDS. A kind of store-dollars or store-currency that had accumulated to $25.

To me this indicates the tax is tied to what is offered or used to purchase the retail items. Note: NOT Federal Reserve currency.
    Last edited by marcel; 07-25-20 at 04:11 AM.