Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming out of babylon

Coming out of babylon

Rev 18:4
    Come forth, my people, out of her that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

2Cr 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

This passage is generally perceived as being a conclusion based upon the previous passages where Paul discusses the difference btween wicked and evil people,or of the righteous and the unrighteous.However,this is a partial quote from Isaiah which states:

Isa 52:11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean [thing]; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

Isaiah wrote this in 712b.c.,after the captivity of the northern kingdom (house of Israel)which was deported into Assyria during the years 745-721 b.c. (2 kings17). eight years latter,in 713-714 b.c. (2kings18:13),Assyria also captured the majority of the southern kingdom (two tribes) and also deported them into Assyria to the north.Than about 100 years latter,after Assyria had fallen,Babylon invaded the city of Jerusalem,and took the inhabitants to the city to Babylon.

This means that Isaiah would be writing to the Israelites in Assyria telling them to flee,or he could be writing prophetically to the inhabitants of Jerusalem,who were latter taken into captivity.

Paul adds a little to what Isaiah had to say with the words : ''Be ye separate.'' Coming outof Babylon can be viewed as a physical departure from a place and a relocation to another place,or it can be viewed as simply being separate or different from those in Babylon.The bible and history confirms both as being true.
    Those who were in Assyria generally fled out of that land and migrated to the north and west.,while those in Babylon were unable to flee but were admonished to remain separate,which they did to some extant.
    Jeremiah also records:

Jer 50:8 Remove out of the midst of Babylon, and go forth out of the land of the Chaldean's, and be as the he goats before the flocks.

Jer 51:6 Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this [is] the time of the LORD'S vengeance; he will render unto her a recompense.

Jer 51:45 My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD.

Jeremiah is writing in about 595 b.c which would be in the middle of the Babylonian captivity. A reading of the entire chapters reveals that Jeremiah is addressing BOTH the House of Israel and the house of Judah,as well as those taken captive to Babylon.

A reading of Ezra and Nehemiah reveals that the former inhabitants of Jerusalem left Babylon with the permission of the King. There was no fleeing from Babylon at this time as this was a planned and orderly return to the city of Jerusalem. THE fleeing from Babylon was left to those in Babylonian and Assyrian captivity who would escape or flee when those nations were being devoured by other nations.

"BABYLON DEFINED''

Strong's concordance defines ''Babylon'' as: confusion
    1) to mix, mingle, confuse, confound

a) (Qal)

1) to mingle, confuse

2) to mix

Websters dictonary,1st. ed., 1828, Vol 1, p. defines Bablylonian as:
    ''2. Like the language of Babel; mixed ;confused.''

It is interesting that both Strong's and Webster's show in there definitions that Babylon is ''a type of tyranny,''therefore it can be concluded that any form of tyranny is a babylonian system. Certainly this would fit not only the Assyrian and Babylonian government,buy also the Egyptian government from which Israel had fled in an earlier day.It is to this period of Israel's history that we must turn to see how our people reacted to Babylonin type systems.

ISREAL IN EGYPT

Historically,the best example of satisfied slavery comes from the book of Exodus. Jacob (israel)had moved the clan to Egypt (their ''Babylon'') to be with Joseph,where they prospered:

Exd 1:7 And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them.

They were sojourners and strangers in a foreign land and things were going along real fine until a new king came upon the scene who didn't know joseph. This new king said:

Exd 1:9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel [are] more and mightier than we:

Therefore the king appointed taskmasters (bureaucrats) over them and set them to work building cities.The new king had them making bricks,worked them in the fields,and employed them as servants.In short they became slaves of Pharaoh (the state.) The interesting point of this story is that even though the Isrealites were ''more and mightier'' than the Egyptians, none of the Isrealites seemed upset enough to do anything about it.
    The Isrealites were basically a people who were dependent upon the land. They worked the land to grow crops that fed the animals. They literally lived off the land. If the Isrealites became warlike and took over the government ,the king and his bureacrats would have to fight their own wars,go to work,and produce their own food.

FABRICATING SLAVERY

There had to be a soulution to the problem. The king understood that war wasn't a good solution when he stated they were more and ''mightier than we''. Any attempt to enforce out-and-out slavery would bring on a rebellion.Therefore Pharaoh said:

Exd 1:10 Come let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and in the event of war, they also join themselves to those that hate us,and fight against us,and depart out of the land.

Dealing ''wisely'' or ''cunningly'' with them would be a program of not imposing total tyranny immediatly,but rather to cunningly coerce them into voluntary servitude over a peroid of time. First of all he set up an educational system for the youth of Isreal. Than he hired some Isrealites to work in the palace and other government agencies in 9-5 jobs with weekends off and paid vacations. They would no longer have to work in the fields dirtying their hands from dawn to dark. He hired them as chariot (bus) drivers,construction workers(building cities) manufacturing plants (making bricks), vine growers(pressing grapes),etc. paying good wages.

Having that program well underway,Pharaoh started increaseing their burdens. He applied a tribute(tax)to all wages(income tax) and land (property tax),and than began slowly increasing the tax until many could not afford to pay it.These lands were foreclosed upon and placed under the management of the taskmasters (p.c.a, F.H.A.etc.) Now the king again owned the land and employed the Israelites to work on his farms and paid them a wage,which he also taxed,therby increasing their burdens and oppressing them.
    A similar story is recorded in the book of Jasher, recording that Pharaoh told the elders how they would subdue the Isrealites by deceit. He ordered that cities be built and that they were to invite the Isrealites to assist in building the cities as fortifications to protct Egypt and the children of Isreal from attack. Perhaps this was the first treaty organisation- IETO (Isreal/Egypt Treaty Organisation)The bait was the protection of the country and the daily wages. The elders of Egypt then went to the children of Isreal and said;

''Whosoever of you from all Egypt and from the children of Israel will come to build with us, he shall have his daily wages given by the king, as his command is unto us.''the book of Jasher 65:19''

The Isrelites were not forced,they were invited to assist and were offered daily wages for thier services,and they were to be treated as equals with the Egyptians.The Isrealites swallowed the bait hook line and sinker,and voulantarily left the Land of Goshen to become wage earners.

''And all the servants of Pharaoh and his princes came at first with deceit to build with all Israel as daily hired laborers, and they gave to Israel their daily hire at the beginning.

And the servants of Pharaoh built with all Israel, and were employed in that work with Israel for a month.

And at the end of the month, all the servants of Pharaoh began to withdraw secretly from the people of Israel daily.

And Israel went on with the work at that time, but they then received their daily hire, because some of the men of Egypt were yet carrying on the work with Israel at that time; therefore the Egyptians gave Israel their hire in those days, in order that they, the Egyptians their fellow-workmen, might also take the pay for their labor.

And at the end of a year and four months all the Egyptians had withdrawn from the children of Israel, so that the children of Israel were left alone engaged in the work.

And after all the Egyptians had withdrawn from the children of Israel they returned and became oppressors and officers over them, and some of them stood over the children of Israel as task masters, to receive from them all that they gave them for the pay of their labor.

And the Egyptians did in this manner to the children of Israel day by day, in order to afflict in their work.''The book of Jasher 65:21-27

Darkcrusade;

It is good to have a learned bible scholar writing here! Especially if you have read some of the extra-canon books like Yasher. I have a copy but have never seen it cited so I have not cracked it. Now that you have cited it, I will give it a reading - at least around that fascinating section. It sure sounds like a hidden taxation of something similar.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Here sure does got the coming out of her part down good, but there is a continuation of this story which says so in Genesis 1:26 - 28. Replenish, subdue, and have dominion.

Then draws out the plan in Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

HEIR; " It is an established rule of law, that God alone can make an heir. Beame's Glanville, 143; 1 Thomas, Co. Lit. 931; and Butler's note, p.938. "
    - 1856 Bouviers Dictionary

That is all the further I will go on this for now, would be interested in seeing Darkcrusade's comments on this, but I do not need 4 or 5 versus to make one point, if I want to know more about it, I can do my own due diligence. Thanks

Indeed I adhere to accepting Election and heir apparent.

For me though, Babylon is the conquest of the mind found modeled by the Babylonian Jews returning to Israel after a 70-year captivity. Darius won the war (Ezra/Nehemiah) and we (mankind) resorted to the Man-King and written Constitution - Nehemiah 10. It is this same construction that must be overcome - a constitution being for more than the regulation of the government officials (Tirshatha - Nehemiah the Tirshatha; is worth understanding if you want to get my point).

David Merrill,Not a Bible scholar by any means.I posted here as i was anticipating interesting responses.You and Motla68 do not disappoint! Thanks to you both.
    It seems to me to be a subject that is not broached often enough lately.Jasher is used to give detail only and never to contradict the Scriptures.IMHO.

Not unlike many today.....

The Egyptians were smart.Notice that the Egyptians paid the Israelites wages and than later took part of it back? Some of this was probably tribute and the rest in food and other necessities which had to be bought at the king's supermarkets. The situation is reminiscent of the song about a man who ''owed his soul to the company store''. All that he made in wages went back to the company as it was the only place he could buy food and supplies and obtain credit when he ran out of wages. Moses was later able to take the slave out of Egypt but he never could take Egypt out of the slave.

The Israelites finally arrived at the position of being completely dependant upon government. (It is historically proving fact that whenever you can create a dependency,you obtain control.)Over a period of time those who didn't cooperate were probably levied an additional tribute (tax penalty) and sometimes given a few lashes for good measure or put to death as an example to others.In the 20th century we are too civilized to punish by lashes and death for civil offenses,we simply put tax protesters in prison.

The relationship between the Israelites and Pharaoh's department of human Resources,Internal Revenue Service,Transportation,and Commerce was such that just to survive the people had to cooperate (obey all the laws) or else.However, they must have been satisfied with their condition to a great extant at best, or too dependant upon the state at worst ,as there is no recorded uprising of the Israelites who were still more in number,and mightier, then the Egyptians.

THE LEVITES-----FREEMEN OF ISREAL

It stands to reason that the Levites would have been the ones to warn the people of Israel and that they ,like our brethren today,WOULD NOT HEAR. Interstingly enough ,according to the book of Jasher ,the Levities saw through the Egyptians' scam from the beginning.

But the children of Levi were not employed in the work with their brethren of Israel, from the beginning unto the day of their going forth from Egypt.

For all the children of Levi knew that the Egyptians had spoken all these words with deceit to the Israelites, therefore the children of Levi refrained from approaching to the work with their brethren.

And the Egyptians did not direct their attention to make the children of Levi work afterward, since they had not been with their brethren at the beginning, therefore the Egyptians left them alone. Jasher 65:32-34

If this is true,than for some reason, since the levites never volunteered ,they were not forced to enter the system even though the Egyptians ,by than, apparently had the power to force them into the same conditions as the rest of the tribes. The levities would probably have rebelled because they had not been gradually introduced to voluntary servitude ,whereas in the words of past
    Supreme Court Justice ,Wm O. Douglas;

"those (Israelites) who already walk submissively will say there is no cause for alarm"

THE CONDITIONING TOTAL

Moses recognized that the Israelites had been conditioned unto slavery when two Israelites confronted him the day after he killed the Egyptian Taskmaster.The Israelites were as much afraid for themselves because of what Moses had done as Moses himself.So ingrained and accepted was their status of voluntary slavery that they not only feared retribution upon themselves for their own acts, but also feared retribution against themselves for the acts of others.

Forty years latter when Moses returned to Egypt and confronted Pharaoh,demandind that he release the Israelites,Pharaoh simply added to the Israelites' burdens by making them gather their own straw.The Israelites understood the message:They had better cooperate (obey all the laws) and be good slaves to the state or Pharaoh would increase their burdens. The Israelites confronted Moses saying:

Ex 5:21 And they said unto them, The LORD look upon you, and judge; because ye have made our savour to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to slay us.

The king increased the production quoteas and tribute to the p[point where no one could perform to the king's satisfaction,which gave the taskmasters the reason they needed to oppress the Israelites even unto death. So ingrained and accustomed to being good slaves (obeying the laws of Babylon) were the Israelites that when Moses tried to tell them what God said they wouldn't even listen to him.

Ex 6:9 And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.

TAKING THE SLAVE OUT OF EGYPT

They were more afraid of not obeying the laws of Egypt (Babylon) and the administrative bureaucrats than they had faith in the word of God. What they told Moses was ''Go away and leave us alone. It is better to serve the Egyptians than to die." We know this to be true because the Scripture records that after they left Egypt Pharaoh followed and:

Ex 14:10 And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.

Exd 14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because [there were] no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?

Exd 14:12 [Is] not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For [it had been] better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
    Last edited by Darkcrusade; 04-04-11 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    Here sure does got the coming out of her part down good, but there is a continuation of this story which says so in Genesis 1:26 - 28. Replenish, subdue, and have dominion.

Then draws out the plan in Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

HEIR; " It is an established rule of law, that God alone can make an heir. Beame's Glanville, 143; 1 Thomas, Co. Lit. 931; and Butler's note, p.938. "
    - 1856 Bouviers Dictionary

That is all the further I will go on this for now, would be interested in seeing Darkcrusade's comments on this, but I do not need 4 or 5 versus to make one point, if I want to know more about it, I can do my own due diligence. Thanks
    This is good and the trifecta should be explored.

The Divine Right of Kings pertains to all men, we are all born Sovereigns-Without-Subjects. Here is are three verses(not 4 or 5) that are prima facie evidence of this fact.

1Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood...

Peter is not talking to some select little group of wannabe rulers, he is speaking to everyone who has "come out from among them", i.e. seceded from the governments of men, and returned to God's Kingdom.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and [even] his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us, unto our God, kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Again, John the Revelator is not talking to some small elite, he is speaking to those who have "overcometh".

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

What "handwriting of ordinances that was against us"?

When we "withdraw from membership" in the group, i.e. state citizenry, we are "civilly dead" and therefore no longer "subject to ordinances...after the commandments and doctrines of men", so don't "touch" them, "taste" them or "handle them", they are not for you and you will perish with the using.

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ [the anointed] from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using.) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Individual secession rather than expatriation; these are two entirely different acts.

Secession. The act of withdrawing from membership in a group. ~ Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition (c.1991), page 1351

Expatriation. The voluntary act of abandoning or renouncing one's country, and becoming the citizen or subject of another. Ibid. page 576

“The right of self-government rests on the right to withdraw consent from an oppressive government. That is the only really effective restriction on power, in the last analysis.” ~ Clyde Wilson, Secession: The Last, Best Bulwark of Our Liberties

"In the majority of men, there is such a love of tried arrangements and so great a dread of experiments that they will probably not act upon this right until long after it is safe to do so." ~ Excerpted from The Right to Ignore the State by Herbert Spencer

Luke 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles [nations] exercise lordship [rule] over them; and they that exercise authority [control] upon them are called benefactors. 26 But ye shall not be so...

No one knows who first made the discovery that men are free. The fragmentary records begin with one person.
    There is no historical proof that he really existed, but the story holds its own self-evident truth; and for countless
    generations, it was handed down from father to son. They said that when Ur was the great empire (about
    4,000 years ago), a shepherd named Terah, accompanied by his son, his daughter-in-law, and his orphaned grandson,
    traveled with his flocks toward the Far West. When Terah died, the family - now headed by Abraham - continued
    westward. They also were shepherds, always moving with their flocks. http://mises.org/books/mainspring.pdf
    Last edited by Darkcrusade; 04-04-11 at 05:47 PM.

Good comments Darkcrusade, in your summation at the bottom this is part of the core of why everything bad or good happens in our lives, Yes Human progress is part of it, but we cannot make any progress if we do not first change how we think, tracking back to when we first born where did all the problems start, looking at the reflection in the mirror what is it that we have done?
    When one loves them self first then we can learn to love others, each one has to get past the EGO that controls us and start taking control of the EGO. Part of what we been doing in our group is deconstructing the human psyche to do this proposal of changing ourselves and then we can be a light onto others.
    This Book you have provided could actually be looked at as Book 4 of a book series we have been looking at called: " To Be A Man ", it provides some very interesting insights to the Conscious man:

Book 1
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CKXY-4QL

Book 2
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CMHQz8MO

Book 3
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CInKjY0F

Our group has had the mutual conscience that once we correct the mistakes we have done then, the world us around us starts to change as it has already for so many who take part. We begin to see material from other groups in a different perspective light, even the bible we have perceived to be the greatest book on trust law that has been hidden in plain site all these years.

Thanks for the compliments, Enjoy.

Man on the land amerika,Thank you for sharing your amazing story! Much info to digest...................................Are you affiliated with>

http://www.whybefudd.info/advref.html ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade View Post
    David Merrill,Not a Bible scholar by any means.I posted here as i was anticipating interesting responses.You and Motla68 do not disappoint! Thanks to you both.
    It seems to me to be a subject that is not broached often enough lately.Jasher is used to give detail only and never to contradict the Scriptures.IMHO.

Not unlike many today.....

The Egyptians were smart.Notice that the Egyptians paid the Israelites wages and than later took part of it back? Some of this was probably tribute and the rest in food and other necessities which had to be bought at the king's supermarkets. The situation is reminiscent of the song about a man who ''owed his soul to the company store''. All that he made in wages went back to the company as it was the only place he could buy food and supplies and obtain credit when he ran out of wages. Moses was later able to take the slave out of Egypt but he never could take Egypt out of the slave.

The Israelites finally arrived at the position of being completely dependant upon government. (It is historically proving fact that whenever you can create a dependency,you obtain control.)Over a period of time those who didn't cooperate were probably levied an additional tribute (tax penalty) and sometimes given a few lashes for good measure or put to death as an example to others.In the 20th century we are too civilized to punish by lashes and death for civil offenses,we simply put tax protesters in prison.

The relationship between the Israelites and Pharaoh's department of human Resources,Internal Revenue Service,Transportation,and Commerce was such that just to survive the people had to cooperate (obey all the laws) or else.However, they must have been satisfied with their condition to a great extant at best, or too dependant upon the state at worst ,as there is no recorded uprising of the Israelites who were still more in number,and mightier, then the Egyptians.

THE LEVITES-----FREEMEN OF ISREAL

It stands to reason that the Levites would have been the ones to warn the people of Israel and that they ,like our brethren today,WOULD NOT HEAR. Interstingly enough ,according to the book of Jasher ,the Levities saw through the Egyptians' scam from the beginning.

But the children of Levi were not employed in the work with their brethren of Israel, from the beginning unto the day of their going forth from Egypt.

For all the children of Levi knew that the Egyptians had spoken all these words with deceit to the Israelites, therefore the children of Levi refrained from approaching to the work with their brethren.

And the Egyptians did not direct their attention to make the children of Levi work afterward, since they had not been with their brethren at the beginning, therefore the Egyptians left them alone. Jasher 65:32-34

If this is true,than for some reason, since the levites never volunteered ,they were not forced to enter the system even though the Egyptians ,by than, apparently had the power to force them into the same conditions as the rest of the tribes. The levities would probably have rebelled because they had not been gradually introduced to voluntary servitude ,whereas in the words of past
    Supreme Court Justice ,Wm O. Douglas;

"those (Israelites) who already walk submissively will say there is no cause for alarm"

THE CONDITIONING TOTAL

Moses recognized that the Israelites had been conditioned unto slavery when two Israelites confronted him the day after he killed the Egyptian Taskmaster.The Israelites were as much afraid for themselves because of what Moses had done as Moses himself.So ingrained and accepted was their status of voluntary slavery that they not only feared retribution upon themselves for their own acts, but also feared retribution against themselves for the acts of others.

Forty years latter when Moses returned to Egypt and confronted Pharaoh,demandind that he release the Israelites,Pharaoh simply added to the Israelites' burdens by making them gather their own straw.The Israelites understood the message:They had better cooperate (obey all the laws) and be good slaves to the state or Pharaoh would increase their burdens. The Israelites confronted Moses saying:

Ex 5:21 And they said unto them, The LORD look upon you, and judge; because ye have made our savour to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to slay us.

The king increased the production quoteas and tribute to the p[point where no one could perform to the king's satisfaction,which gave the taskmasters the reason they needed to oppress the Israelites even unto death. So ingrained and accustomed to being good slaves (obeying the laws of Babylon) were the Israelites that when Moses tried to tell them what God said they wouldn't even listen to him.

Ex 6:9 And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.

TAKING THE SLAVE OUT OF EGYPT

They were more afraid of not obeying the laws of Egypt (Babylon) and the administrative bureaucrats than they had faith in the word of God. What they told Moses was ''Go away and leave us alone. It is better to serve the Egyptians than to die." We know this to be true because the Scripture records that after they left Egypt Pharaoh followed and:

Ex 14:10 And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.

Exd 14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because [there were] no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?

Exd 14:12 [Is] not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For [it had been] better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
    Remember this was a people who had ,by this time, witnessed the miseries and plagues which the LORD God had afflicted the nation of Egypt. Later on when the Lord paved a way across the Red sea and destroyed Pharaoh's army,the people supposedly:

the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses. Ex 14:31

EGYPT STILL IN THE SLAVE

That's what they said,but they didn't really believe him. Moses was able to take the slave out of Egypt,but he could not take Egypt out of the slave.They were only three days into the wilderness without water when:

Exd 15:24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?

Moses appealed to the Lord and the Lord provided clean water.Again, two months and fifteen days into the wilderness the people murmured against Moses:

Exd 16:2 And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:

Exd 16:3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, [and] when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

Apparently the Egyptians,although hard nosed bureaucrats (taskmasters),they took good care of the Israelites. It appears that the Egyptians apparently understood the principal, ''feed them and you can herd them.'' But later on when the Lord fed them manna they couldn't follow His rules.He told them to gather bread for six days but not on the seventh. They went to gather bread on the seventh day,and:

Exd 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

It seems as though the Israelites were only contented when their bellies were full of what they wanted and when they had plenty to drink. They had more faith in the King's system (Babylon's) which provided for the basic necessities of life than they had faith in the Lord. Every time things started getting
    little rough they murmured against Moses. Shortly after the bread was provided they again wanted for the water:
    Exd 17:3 And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Wherefore [is] this [that] thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst?

As a result God brought forth water from a Rock. It is interesting that all the Israelites witnessed the plagues upon Egypt ,the parting of the Red sea, the destruction of Pharaoh's army,and they had even been fed and watered directly from the hands of God. Yet even after witnessing God's power,all of the above murmurings happened within just three months of their departure from Egypt. They had been obeying the laws of Egypt for over two hundred years and they became tired of freedom (God's laws) in less than three months. It was much more convenient to be a good slave in Egypt obeying Pharaoh's laws than a freeman obeying God's laws in the wilderness. It is just like the mentality in this century that says welfare is good and it is better to be red than dead.

SEEKING A NEW MASTER

When the children of Isreal had been in the wilderness for three months they arrived at Mt. Sinai.
    The people heard and accepted God's covenant,and when God spoke to the people,
    "They trembled and stood afar off,"(Ex 20:18) and asked Moses to get the Lord to speak through him.
    If God wouldn't let them have Pharaoh as a master perhaps God would allow them to have Moses
    as a master.However,while Moses was on the mount the people became restless and said
    unto Aron;

Ex 32:1 make us gods, which shall go before us;

Amazing! Only four months into the wilderness and they still could not accept the
    greatness and power of the Lord,and they made and worshipped idols. The Egyptian
    bureacrats had schooled the Isrealites very well. They most have known once a
    slave always a slave.

Shortly after the first day of the second month of the second year after they
    left Egypt they were still complaining:

Num 11:4-5 And the mixt multitude that [was] among them fell a lusting:
    and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat?
    Num 11:5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely;
    the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick:

The mixed multitude that was among them was a negative influence upon
    the Israelites,constantly reminding them of the customs and good foods
    that were in Egypt.But God said if it is meat you want,it is meat you
    you shall get.In fact he said they would eat it.

Num 11:20 until it come out at your nostrils,
    and it be loathsome unto you: because that ye have despised
    the LORD which [is] among you, and have wept before him,
    saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt?

They would not accept the perfect food from God.God's manna
    had to be complete nourishment,and therefore a perfect food
    source. When they rejected it,They rejected the LORD.

The LAST CHANCE

Later when spies were sent into the land of Canaan to report on the people and the fruit of the
    land,they returned and many were afraid:

Num 13:32 And they gave the children of Israel an evil report of the land which they had spied out, saying, ........and all the people whom we saw in it [are] men of [great] stature.

Num 13:33...........'' and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight."

As a result of these reports the people wept and again murmured against Moses and Aaron ,
    saying;

Num 14:2,4 ...... "If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness!
    Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt?"
    So they said to one another, "Let us select a captain and return to Egypt."

This was the last straw as far as God was concerned. He told Moses:

Num 14:22 because all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice,

It was than that God told Moses to turn back to the wilderness and that all (save two) who were twenty years of age or older would die in the wilderness during the next 40 years , and He would bring only the young back to the promised land. It bears repeating that Moses brought the slave out of Egypt but could not take Egypt out of the slave.

During the years to come God brought a plague against some,and some were consumed by fire and an earthquake,and still they did not harken unto the LORD.Another time they were again without water:

Num 20:5 And why have you made us come up out of Egypt, to bring us to this evil place? It [is] not a place of grain or figs or vines or pomegranates; nor [is] there any water to drink."

The problem was they were still good slaves of Pharaoh and not true servants of God .They remembered the flesh pots the leeks,onions,and coffins of Egypt and did not harken unto the LORD. and
    continued to murmur against Moses and the LORD.

Num 21:5 And the people spoke against God and against Moses: "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For [there is] no food and no water, and our soul loathes this worthless bread."

This time God sent fiery serpents to bite them.Nothing God did satisfied them. The murmurings of the people continued,even into the promised land,until the future generations of those who died in the wilderness finally achieved what their forefathers could not do --- they finally became slave to a new
    earthly master named Saul,who would make plenty of laws for them to obey. Even though they were warned what would happen to them if they had a king,they insisted.....God provided.

GOVERNMENTS ARE BABYLON

Throughout the centuries little has changed.Next came the great world empires mentioned in Daniel: the Babylonia empire, Medo-persia ,Greece, and the Roman empire. Than came the numerous small kingdoms of clay and iron which have plagued mankind into the 20th century.
    Beasts are Kings ,Kingdoms, or governments. In the Exodus Pharaoh was a king or the head of the government and he had a bureaucracy to assist in the enforcement of the state's laws.The same was true for Alexander,for the Caesars ,and is true for the 20th century heads of government and their bureaucracies.The names and structures of government have changed and they have become more sophisticated but they still function as slave masters to their subjects.there are only degrees of slavery as there is no freedom in the world today.As long as government enforces it's will on the people,the people are slaves of the government.