Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Marriage without a state license - recommendations for officiants?

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    To update, my fiancee and I happily wed without a marriage license this past fall. We were blessed in that our Christian pre-marital counselor readily agree to marry us without a license. "F*ck the government," he said.

As for making it lawfully valid -- or more specifically, creating admissible evidence of our union before God without the "state" as a party -- we designed and created our own "Certificate of Marriage" (which was quite beautiful, I may add) signed by us, the best man, the maid of honor, and the officiant. We then made a one-page "notice of marriage" attached the Certificate and filed it with the county recorder. We can now get a certified copy of it whenever we want, which would be admissible as self-authenticating evidence in the event our marriage were ever challenged.

So far, everyone has accepted the "Certificate of Marriage" as valid (but then, we're not using it to get Social Security, etc.)

Jim, feel free to contact me at musicmaker600 (at) excite (dot) com if you'd like -- I'm also in Tennessee.
    I wouldn't have did a mere certificate.
    I would have drafted a private marriage contract.

You, your wife, and several witnesses can sign the document.
    The document can also be filed with the county recorder if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    I wouldn't have did a mere certificate.
    I would have drafted a private marriage contract.

You, your wife, and several witnesses can sign the document.
    The document can also be filed with the county recorder if you choose.
    You can do that, too, though I wouldn't put the contract on public record. That's nobody else's business. A certificate showing that there was an exchange of vows on X date with the bride, groom and all the witnesses' signatures should be sufficient evidence a wedding took place for public notice purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Perhaps some insight is being requested? The word "trash" sounds like we are talking about the same thing. To Roy its 9,000 pounds of chemicals and waste he has to throw out. To Tim its baby diapers, TV dinners and left overs. The same sound, the same letters but WHOLLY different meanings in all actuality. The word 'marriage' sounds like the word used by "State actors" sounds like the word 'marriage' when utilized by others but they tend to have little or nothing to do with each other or have little or nothing to do with what is referred to as Biblical marriage.
    Good point allodial.

In the best case scenario, the spouses-to-be would communicate to each other who they are, in whom they trust, and what they expect to accomplish with their marriage.
    Then they would look at the different ways whereby their goals could be accomplished, and choose the way which seems best.

I believe that the outcome would be highly dependent on where the bride and groom perceive themselves to stand in relation to the Great Controversy:
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. "
    Ephesians 6:12

A STATE issued MARRIAGE LICENSE could be important for persons who plan on participating in Social Security, income tax, health insurance, mortgages, etc.
    For people who do not plan on contracting much with the STATE at all, it would probably be best to keep the STATE out of their marital affairs.

If it is a goal of the spouses-to-be to have children, then it's even more important to carefully weigh the options. I have observed that the offspring (with BC and SSN) of legally married persons can be claimed as property by the STATE and may be confiscated by CPS and other government agencies at any time.

Since marriage is an incredibly important and far-reaching decision, and difficult to undo, it pays to do very careful research into all aspects of it.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    You can do that, too, though I wouldn't put the contract on public record. That's nobody else's business. A certificate showing that there was an exchange of vows on X date with the bride, groom and all the witnesses' signatures should be sufficient evidence a wedding took place for public notice purposes.
    Excellent point.

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...t-a-State-ban-!

If you file a Notarized and witnessed (by at least two witnesses) marriage contract with yourself and your husband\wife with the County Clerks office, you are married in spite of what the bureacrap garbage heads try to spew from their mouths in the State legislature! Why did I post this to the Right Of Self Determination sub forum? Well because I'm tired of the criminals feeding people lies and trying their best to steal our freedoms away even more by people being ignorant of their rights by law.

Don't believe a word they say, you don't need a marriage "license" or government permission to get married! You're free consenting adults, keep them out of your personal life as much as you can.

Anger arises out of fear. Fear is conquered through understanding and forgiveness.

The husband-to-be (protector of asset) and the wife-to-be (protected asset) are each a witness..thus you have two witnesses. A third witness is helpful for evidencing the apparent sound state of mind and willingness of the participants. Consider something like the following:

Being of sound mind, I, ______________________ ("Husband") of a household called ____ do on this ____ day of ______________,20 ____, do take __________________ of a household called _________________ to be my lawful wife.

Being of sound mind, I, ______________________ ("Wife") of a household called ___ do on this _____ day of ______________, 20 ___, do now, henceforth and without reservation take aforementioned _____ of a household called to be by lawful husband and shall henceforth be his lawful wife.

In witness whereof the aforementioned voluntary acts made by the said Husband and Wife we do hereby set our hands and seals hereto.

Name of Husband ("First Witness"):
    Autograph/Signature of Husband ("First Witness"):

Name of Wife ("First Witness"):
    Autograph/Signature of Wife ("Second Witness"):

Name(s) and Autograph(s)/Signature of Third Witnesses:
    Autograph/Signature of Third Witness:
    Can add postal contact details in there somewhere too.
    Last edited by allodial; 09-19-13 at 03:40 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Getting married without a gov lic. is the coolest way to get hitched.
    You can ask any friend or family member that you both admire to marry you.

One friend painted a picture and had the wedding party sign it and they use the picture as their official document of wedlock.
    When the gov does not know you have been hitched the game of life can be very interesting.

Its works get for me.
    I do not file tax's and I feed the family.
    I don't play their game.
    The other half makes no income and files tax's.
    She and the family get max bonus as being seem as a single no income mother.
    She doesn't have to lie on the tax forms, she states the truth.

sui juris marriage
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage

If they recognize the sui juris wedding then are not they shooting them self in the foot?

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    Getting married without a gov lic. is the coolest way to get hitched.
    You can ask any friend or family member that you both admire to marry you.

One friend painted a picture and had the wedding party sign it and they use the picture as their official document of wedlock.
    When the gov does not know you have been hitched the game of life can be very interesting.

Its works get for me.
    I do not file tax's and I feed the family.
    I don't play their game.
    The other half makes no income and files tax's.
    She and the family get max bonus as being seem as a single no income mother.
    She doesn't have to lie on the tax forms, she states the truth.

sui juris marriage
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage

If they recognize the sui juris wedding then are not they shooting them self in the foot?

Regarding the infiltration of Roman Catholic priestcraft (corporation sole = Pope; Vatican jurisdiction) into New Thought recently, this line of thought developed in the brain trust.

1) Religion is a license to communicate with God.
    2) If you are looking for a broker between you and a higher power there are many to choose from.
    3) If you are looking for a broker between you and a lower power there are many to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    ...2) If you are looking for a broker between you and a higher power there are many to choose from.
    3) If you are looking for a broker between you and a lower power there are many to choose from.[/I][/INDENT]
    For some reason I'm reminded of...

Last edited by allodial; 09-23-13 at 05:42 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.