Thread: Why we pay taxes, who has to pay taxes, and redeeming lawful

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not a soul wants to pay taxes. Every person does, however, want the stuff taxes pay for though some differ on how they should be collected. State income taxes are despised by some and a few states are considering ditching them, but there's evidence as to how good and bad they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by ariacook View Post
    Not a soul wants to pay taxes. Every person does, however, want the stuff taxes pay for though some differ on how they should be collected. State income taxes are despised by some and a few states are considering ditching them, but there's evidence as to how good and bad they really are.

Thanks for posting that.

I am not sure if it is the opening paragraph you quoted or the nature of the article itself you are expressing as interesting. The idea of "fair share" in the topic sentence though, always strikes a sour note with me. It is a very difficult matter to hash out with skeptics who would label me a tax protester.

For 100 years now come December 23 Congress has approved elastic currency and for this nation it has smoothed over, starting with the Great Depression many a missed meal and leaky roof. Then it would seem for a millennium China has build a Wall and studied English and has been buying up bonds of debt so that they might have a nice place to move when the industry poisons geographic China. I posted articles about A-China-Ca as this website was being built years ago.

Then there are the economic woes that spread like Bail-in in Greece - just plain socializing the wealthy.

The Fed act introduced fractional lending that expanded the money supply and was built to be abolished in twenty years. It is now a hundred years. Does that mean it is too late to solve the bad idea in the manner intended by Congress?