Thread: Two traffic stops snubbed.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stoneFree
    Oh, David could well be relating my experience, as I have twice used his declaration at traffic stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowLaw View Post
    Interesting. What part of the country did this take place in?
    Let's just say, it happened in one of the original 13 colonies. I probably never would have used it, had I first not witnessed some interesting behavior of the court on an earlier citation. After reading success stories over at SJC, I attempted a common-law defense (much like what www.ticketslayer.com sells). Correct me if I'm wrong but this defense is based on the theory that the state is not alleging/charging you the living person with a violation, but a separate entity with a similar name as you (constructive trust?). I raised this defense, filing some documents into the traffic case. Well at the court hearing with the judge, I noticed there was no prosecution, no police accusers. All those appealing their traffic tickets were being dismissed with "Not responsible, lack of prosecution" as was mine.

I realize that court experience isn't positive proof of anything and that the logistics of scheduling accusing officers for court may not be cost effective for the state. However, I think it's also possible this is an issue the state/court wasn't prepared to contest; that they don't want to go there. If true, Greg's claim of "Over 80% nationwide Traffic Ticket Dismissal Rate" is further evidence that something is going on here.

We also made another observation regarding citations - that many of them seem to include an error! For what purpose, do you imagine?
    Last edited by stoneFree; 03-07-11 at 07:50 PM.