Thread: "Lawful Money" definition? attn:David

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    The courts say, United States notes shall be lawful money.

By law, US notes are still redeemable in gold. The Treasury, not Congress, has stopped issuing US notes and because of the breach of trust by Congress and the Fed, the non-reserve currency is attached in value to the reserve currency, Federal Reserve notes.

I am sorry if that is not very clear yet. I tried to make it as succinct as I could. Federal Reserve notes were redeemable in gold from 1913 to 1933.
    It might help to consider that the gold traded on the general market is part of the goods, labor and services underwriting currency (along with petroleum, titanium, myriad pharmaceutical products, Uranium ore, coal, Starburst and Pez). (Even Warren E. Buffet is probably a U.S. citizen.)

Name:  Warren_Buffet_US_citizen.png
Views: 509
Size:  168.0 KB
    Last edited by allodial; 01-22-15 at 03:13 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.