Thread: Is a bank required to have adequate cash (FRN) on hand to cash out a large check?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fine then; I am just taking this where my interests lie.

Becoming a Member Bank of the Federal Reserve System: Dallas Questions & Answers https://www.dallasfed.org/banking/applications.aspx
    My experience tells me that the real hurdle here is getting insurance for yourself as a member bank. Not becoming one. I have shown many times here an image of how the requirements are very lax, becoming a member bank. I believe simply endorsement of private credit works. But you have to follow all sorts of guidelines from the OCC to be insured against a run on your cash in the mattress, or theft while you go to the grocery...

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Fine then; I am just taking this where my interests lie.

My experience tells me that the real hurdle here is getting insurance for yourself as a member bank. Not becoming one. I have shown many times here an image of how the requirements are very lax, becoming a member bank. I believe simply endorsement of private credit works. But you have to follow all sorts of guidelines from the OCC to be insured against a run on your cash in the mattress, or theft while you go to the grocery...
    Here is an idea: why not combine insurance and banking into one entity as far as function?
    Last edited by shikamaru; 08-21-18 at 12:13 AM.