Thread: Legal name = mark of the beast ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hopefully I may find time to catch up on this interesting thread. For now though - the comment about dating grabs me.

The term I hear comes from the term "to gift". So you are giving something up when you date a document. I have quit dating documents and allow the software, clerk or notary to declare the date for me.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Hopefully I may find time to catch up on this interesting thread. For now though - the comment about dating grabs me.

The term I hear comes from the term "to gift". So you are giving something up when you date a document. I have quit dating documents and allow the software, clerk or notary to declare the date for me.
    Thank you for pointing this out David.
    I looked at the Merriam-Webster online dictionary and it says this:

Origin of DATE
    Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin data, from data (as in data Romae given at Rome), feminine of Latin datus, past participle of dare to give; akin to Latin dos gift, dowry, Greek didonai to give
    First Known Use: 14th century

By way of a nice coincidence, I had just been wondering if I should date a certain document when this little tid-bit of info helped me to decide
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

The word ‘Date’ may be nothing more than an agreement of precedence or a gift of proof to another of what originated first. If you think about it a date is not required for a transaction. A signature is. A date is merely a giving of proof or precedence (supremacy) of a transaction. This ‘gift’ may be of a benevolent nature (one of truth within the provided form of communication of time (calendar)). As to the method of 'dating' an event, can anyone claim a third party right to refute the method of documenting (setting precedence of) that event? Can anyone who has declared a 'calendar' for the documentation of events, hold any right to define the meaning of those events outside of their language that originates from what can be known by anyone who sees the celestial bodies.
    Last edited by RThomas; 06-09-11 at 08:28 AM.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...13&version=NIV

The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
    It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666
    Revelation 13:15-18

This is the most viable theory I have seen; http://usa-the-republic.com/mark%20of%20beast/toc.htm