Quote Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post
Here is an experience I had while displaying that plate;

October 2010, 3:30 AM, suburban area with a population around 2,000,000.

I had pulled up to a four way intersection with traffic signals. I chose the left-turn-only lane and facing directly across from me was a city officer waiting for the light to make his turn. His turn comes up first and my friend and I watch him proceed to make a left and then a right in to a parking lot next to us. I was thinking that maybe he noticed that there isn’t a front plate on my car, looking for an excuse to initiate a stop and wants to wait to see what I do.
Upon my green arrow I completed a “U” and then a quick right to the corner gas station.
My friend walks over to the convenience store next to the gas station and I soon moved the car over to the store’s lot to catch up with him.
While on my way in to the store, my friend is finishing up at the register then heads out the door. During my perusal of beverages I didn’t notice that a second officer has arrived on the “scene” probably after some communication with the first officer. The second officer apparently has now noticed my 'PRIVATE PROPERTY' plate (Photo file attached) on the rear of the car and approaches my friend who is waiting for me outside next to the car. The officer asks him, how he got here and if he is with “the guy”, referencing to the one who was previously “driving” the car. My friend affirms to the officer.
After I am done at the register and walk to the door, the second officer opens the door for me and asks if I have any registration papers for the car.
I tell him that I do not and that the title has been “junked”.
He asks me if I think that I should have the car registered.
I tell him, “No” and he asks me, “Why not?”
I let him know, “Not for traveling to the store. I’m not ‘in commerce’.”
He then asks me if I am one of those who thinks you don't need to register.
I replied, “No… Unless I am ‘in commerce’.”

And then he begins to enter the store and says,

“It’s good. Don’t worry about it. I am not even going to #&$% with you. Have a good night.”

My friend says that he wouldn’t have believed it if he hadn’t seen it.
I may have to agree with him.
I'm amazed they did not demand to see your DL.
That's always the first thing that cops ask for around here.
I suppose you carry no DL when you travel EZrythm?