Thread: LAW states registration not required

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not sure is you all are aware or not, but now when you go to register for a DOT# it has an option to select for transporting of " Household Goods ".

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    Not sure is you all are aware or not, but now when you go to register for a DOT# it has an option to select for transporting of " Household Goods ".
    I saw that when I visited a state site for filling for a DOT license. I would only ask transporting House Hold goods for what purpose, it doesn't specify "private use house hold goods." None the less DOT would appear to be an option for some, I think I will op for private plates, with a notice to concerned parties, DMV, police chief, Attorney General of my state, and local DA of my intentions and that I'm not operating in commerce with my fee schedule connected to my plates should they which to place an order.they will at least know my rates. Notice will be in the form of an affidavit, demanding a response within 21 days under penalty of perjury and them operating/ responding as a party taking full liability I will also inform them that I am the administrator of the NAME trust and their responsibilities as trustees and their responsibility to follow the policies and order of the administrator. fB
    Last edited by Frederick Burrell; 10-04-11 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Burrell View Post
    I would only ask transporting House Hold goods for what purpose, it doesn't specify "private use house hold goods."
    It's imperative to read the definitions of the Uniform Commercial Code to realize that "PRIVATE" isn't necessary but "consumer/household goods" has meaning. Uniform Commercial Code

Quote Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post
    It's imperative to read the definitions of the Uniform Commercial Code to realize that "PRIVATE" isn't necessary but "consumer/household goods" has meaning. Uniform Commercial Code
    This matches up with what i have seen on the federal DOT registration site lately, you can no longer list Individual as and option, it is either household goods or commercial type.
    "You have to understand Neo, most of these people are not ready to
    be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

~ Morpheus / The Matrix movie trilogy.