Thread: Question regarding 42 USC § 408

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post

There is no requirement to provide your SSN upon demand or inquiry.
    In counterpoint, the counter party can refuse you service, however, for failure to provide.

1. An SSN is not yours
    2. SS is a benefit.

Compelling someone to give an SSN could be in violation.
    The question becomes who will bring the charge to a grand jury?
    i see, i think. for instance, if i want to open a bank account without providing a ssn to the bank, i cannot be forced to submit a ssn but i also cannot force them to open me an account...is that correct?

thanks to everyone for their insight!

Quote Originally Posted by christopher george View Post
    i see, i think. for instance, if i want to open a bank account without providing a ssn to the bank, i cannot be forced to submit a ssn but i also cannot force them to open me an account...is that correct?

thanks to everyone for their insight!
    Bingo!

If you stick with it though, I bet you could get that account sans an SSN.

I got what I wanted without providing an SSN with respect to medical services.

There is an exception .... government and government services. A government bureau may require an SSN to render you services.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 01-07-12 at 08:36 PM.

I think the word that stands out to me is "person". Remember that person means something not real, atleast that is my opinion. So filing a false income tax return with your ssn is a violation as I see it

Quote Originally Posted by Hexify View Post
    I think the word that stands out to me is "person". Remember that person means something not real, atleast that is my opinion. So filing a false income tax return with your ssn is a violation as I see it
    Person has to do with the concept of legal personality.

This reading is really good too.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 01-07-12 at 08:47 PM.