David,

I've looked at this Libel of Review archive before, but it's just a number of unrelated documents with no instruction nor any real information as to its purpose. Haven't been able to make heads or tails of it thus far. I must be missing something obvious. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
I am unsure of what you mean by "implication". The public trust is basically that if somebody uses the information for criminal purposes they may be prosecuted.

I was walking the other day and found an Ace Hardware debit card. I carried it to the mailbox.
Sure, 'may be' - but then again thieves are getting more sophisticated (just look at the IRS, amirite?). In fact, having typed that, while I was originally talking about individual criminals; what's to stop the IRS from using that information to 668 the bank for alleged debt?

And even going back to individual criminals, if your account and routing numbers are wide open in public, is the bank really going to give you much sympathy if something were to happen? (Maybe legally they have to help you, but something still doesn't seem right to me about having that as a matter of public record.)
Call me paranoid, I suppose.

Just trying to have a conversation so I can fully understand everything, including my reservations.

Thank you for the response.