Speaking from experience scripts fail. Especially with the chief judge in home rule municipal jurisdiction. All he is doing is presuming you want a day in court, a fair trial. He does not see you or hear you. He sees and hears only your attorney.

Write across the Letter - Return to Sender with an arrow back to his return address. Black through your address information and the light yellow barcodes. Mark clearly in red: YOU ARE NOT AND YOU NEVER WERE MY ATTORNEY!

Take three copies (write the case# on the copies) of the letter to the post office and ask the clerk to please rounddate your three copies for evidence that you have sent that letter back to the attorney. If they want to charge you to send it back tell them that is not your name on it. [When you give somebody your name you give them power of attorney over you.]

Take your three copies to the DA's office. Give the receptionist one and have her/him mark your two copies received, time and date with initials. Take the two marked copies to the courthouse and find the clerk. File one and get the second marked Filed.

Now you are pro se, in the eyes of the court. The "judge" gave you a couple weeks to find an attorney or you are It, right?

I am not going to encourage all this script because I do not believe in it. The judge will mow you down and proceed on the premise the defense attorney he is speaking with is looking for a trial, or is incompetent to defend you. If you are incompetent to stand trial you might be steered into a psychological exam.

There is a possibility that the judges sometimes clear nuisance cases off the docket like you have said. The City will be paying $2K for that psychological exam for example. If the judge is sure that you are just a sovereign citizen then he might not want to pay for your philosophy and so you walk. But if you are just going to go back to driving around without a license, I doubt it. He has a duty to the citizens as I explained; the only way for you to get that done in Colorado is to set a $30K (last I checked many years ago) bond. If you will not be responsible for that kid on the bicycle, for breaking his arm with your car, then you cannot get this done in my opinion.

Now let's pretend that you succeed in the billing cycle, past due notice and cure a proper lien against the State for $20M. You might post that lien as your bond, that might cause some discussion.