Thread: A brief history of Birth Certificates

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Anything and everything can and will be weaponized by the forces of evil in this world.

The Bible definition of religion is nothing like what you would expect from observing most of the so-called "bible believing" christian denominations in the world.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world."

James 1:27
    I like The Complete Jewish Bible's translation of that verse: The religious observance that God the Father considers pure and faultless is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being contaminated by the world. There's a subtle yet important difference, I think, between religion and religious observances.

I also like your comment about anything and everything subject to being weaponized. I thought that was a great way to express the nature of the battle. It's a battle for the mind.

Indeed, when called to repent, the very subject matter is a call to change one's mind, and come out of the world and enter into the Kingdom. It's a call to come out of lawlessness, and enter into righteousness.
    Last edited by Seosaidh; 11-09-12 at 12:59 PM.
    Now you must repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that time after time your souls may know the refreshment that comes from the presence of God. Then he will send you Jesus, your long-heralded Christ.