Quote Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
What is the next step? Go to court? Then what? We should all be on the same page at least...?
After R4C it is a matter of showing for the 'arraignment' and preventing fraud on the court. If the chief of police fails to forward the R4C, that is fraud on the court.

In response to MJ's comment. If this gets to trial the officer set himself up to just say, I don't remember you making any declarations or comments about your driver license and/or your identification. This is why it is good to have an audio recorder. However, the officer will indeed be required in his training, when on the witness stand, to say exactly how the defendant identified himself. You can count on that.

If this is moving forward to trial by the way AJ - make sure that just before the trial you go to Records and get the backside of the officer's report. He might mention something about how you identified yourself. I doubt it though.

I am presuming that you are simply abating the No Insurance ticket by presenting the Proof of Insurance Card when you R4C both?

It sounds to me as though LEO's are training about this technique directly from SJC and here! Did you get the officer's name?