Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Say Goodbye to Property Taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    so then if gold or silver was used to buy the land then there would be no lien?
    Liens come about from taxation or borrowing money with some property pledged as collateral for a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by walter
    gold and silver backed the green back until 1933 no?
    Silver was demonitized as a standard of payment in 1873.
    Gold was demonitized as a standard of payment and removed from circulating currency in 1933.
    Silver was removed from circulating currency beginning in 1964.

Quote Originally Posted by walter
    if so then any land bought pre 1933 would not have to pay tax's, but they did have to pay tax's,
    i am i missing something here?
    It is the registration of the land that gets you as far as property taxes go.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-12-14 at 11:00 PM.

I used to have a Cherokee friend in Oklahoma who had an original land patent on 160 acres. Sometime during the 30's, (I don't remember the exact date) one of his ancestors mortgaged 80 acres, and subsequently paid it off over the course of years. He still received a tax notice on the mortgaged 80 acres every year, but the first un-mortgaged 80 acre parcel was not taxable. I saw all his records about 15 years ago, and the original patent was still intact at that time.

Just an interesting sidenote to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    I used to have a Cherokee friend in Oklahoma who had an original land patent on 160 acres. Sometime during the 30's, (I don't remember the exact date) one of his ancestors mortgaged 80 acres, and subsequently paid it off over the course of years. He still received a tax notice on the mortgaged 80 acres every year, but the first un-mortgaged 80 acre parcel was not taxable. I saw all his records about 15 years ago, and the original patent was still intact at that time.

Just an interesting sidenote to the thread.
    And that 80 acres was registered.

When you register, you grant the public corporation an interest in the res.
    In fact, it may be a gift followed by a gifting back....

Remember the whole episode of King John and Pope Innocent III?

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    And that 80 acres was registered.

When you register, you grant the public corporation an interest in the res.
    In fact, it may be a gift followed by a gifting back....

Remember the whole episode of King John and Pope Innocent III?
    No, I don't remember that. I'd like to hear about it though.

Regarding his patent, there were certain terms and conditions that ran with the land, so it wasn't allodial title. One of the conditions was to never rebel or engage in insurrection against the United States. I don't remember the exact words, but they were to that effect.

No, I don't remember that. I'd like to hear about it though.
    King John was having it out with Pope Innocent III.
    Innocent III excommunicated King John from the Roman Catholic Church, hereto after referred to as RCC.

After some back and forth, King John turns over his lands and crown to the Pope only to have the Pope (or rather his legate) convey them back with stipulations and a rent charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan
    Regarding his patent, there were certain terms and conditions that ran with the land, so it wasn't allodial title. One of the conditions was to never rebel or engage in insurrection against the United States. I don't remember the exact words, but they were to that effect.
    I can live with that. So long as there are no property taxes, I am good.

Patents are a form of conveyance from the sovereign whether king or government. Patents are a form of writ.

King John was having it out with Pope Innocent III.
    Innocent III excommunicated King John from the Roman Catholic Church, hereto after referred to as RCC.

After some back and forth, King John turns over his lands and crown to the Pope only to have the Pope (or rather his legate) convey them back with stipulations and a rent charge.

I can live with that. So long as there are no property taxes, I am good.

Patents are a form of conveyance from the sovereign whether king or government. Patents are a form of writ.
    I thought it was very interesting at the time. Still do, for that matter. It's funny how the Indian nations ended up under the boot, even though the word sovereign is used in describing their status.

Regarding King John and Pope Innocent III, thanks for the info. I do remember it now that you reminded me in detail.

I thought it was very interesting at the time. Still do, for that matter. It's funny how the Indian nations ended up under the boot, even though the word sovereign is used in describing their status.

Regarding King John and Pope Innocent III, thanks for the info. I do remember it now that you reminded me in detail.
    You may want to review the term suzerainty with regard to the status of Native Americans.

You may want to review the term suzerainty with regard to the status of Native Americans.

Thanks for that link!

By the by, could you cite that letter you posted?
    The New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/1862/08/24/ne...ion-union.html

Incorrect.
    Saving the union was a component of it, but so was slavery.

I'm not sure if you know how deeply slavery has affected the very nature and development of the United States. It had deep impact on representation, taxation, law, and more still with us today.
    It seems to me you are seeking to reduce the importance of slavery and its effect on the United States.

The North was was made up of mercantalists as well as workers. Those workers did not want competition from slaves; therefore in light of this, it makes sense why the North would outlaw slavery. It is always about economics, assets, and the goodies.

It is simple why he wanted to save the union: tax revenues and outstanding obligations of the political corporation.
    No i don't know to much about slavery back then except the slavery we live in today,
    When you enslave everyone then it only makes sense that you can let the ones that were already slaves walk around with the rest.
    More production is created when you get to chose what work you want to do then when you are forced into a job.

Abraham Lincoln got in office in 1860 and the war stared in 1861.
    He was a lawyer and suspend habeas corpus.
    And then he was extinguished.
    To me I smell a rat.

Why would anyone think government cares about what workers jobs and what they have to say?
    Look at the USA now.
    All the factories and jobs have been removed to countries that resemble slave labour.
    They don't care about the working class of people.
    Never have and it looks like they never will.

Enough for me about the civil war on this property tax topic.
    There was so much that happened that we will never know.
    Attached Images Attached Images