Thread: Debt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    FRNs are obligations of the United States and liabilities of the Federal Reserve.

Am I the United States?
    My understanding is that the United States is a society, association of States.

Perhaps 14th Amendment citizenship was designed to create new constitutors to service the debts of the United States. The benefit, of course, is tenure of the office U.S. citizen.
    I don't know if you are the United States, but you could be if you are a member of that private association. And don't forget that clause 3 of the 14th says the public debt of the US shall not be questioned. But remedy is provided in 12 USC 411, so one can escape servitude by redeeming FRN's for lawful money.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    I don't know if you are the United States, but you could be if you are a member of that private association.
    Simple. Is a citizen a State?

Citizens are members of the State, but are not the State itself.
    Is an officer of a corporation the corporation?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan
    And don't forget that clause 3 of the 14th says the public debt of the US shall not be questioned. But remedy is provided in 12 USC 411, so one can escape servitude by redeeming FRN's for lawful money.
    I say there is no servitude to begin with. The servitude, if there is one, is assumed (assumpsit) as constitutor.

One pledges them self to the public debt.

Perhaps we will want to review the term 'volunteer'?

volunteer (n.)
    c.1600, "one who offers himself for military service," from M.Fr. voluntaire, noun use of adj. meaning "voluntary," from L. voluntarius "voluntary, of one's free will" (see voluntary). Non-military sense is first recorded 1630s. The verb is first recorded 1755, from the noun. Tennessee has been the Volunteer State since the Mexican War, when a call for 2,800 volunteers brought out 30,000 men.
    To offer is to pledge.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 12-16-12 at 06:06 PM.