Quote Originally Posted by mikecz View Post
That program was ended. People werr ordering thousands of dollars of these coins on their credit cards, and when received, promptly paid off their balances.the whole point was to track up free rewards on the cards. Freaking awesome idea, in a way, its a little similar to what the fed does with FRNs.
Amazing! That sounds like the Amendments to the Bretton Woods Agreements (in a way).

Quote Originally Posted by mikecz View Post
Unfortunately...

From the dailypaul...

12 U.S.C. § 341
Sec. 4 ... the said Federal reserve bank shall become a body corporate and as such ... shall have power: ... Second. To have succession for a period of twenty years from its organization unless it is sooner dissolved by an Act of Congress, or unless its franchise becomes forfeited by some violation of law. Federal Reserve Act of 1913 (P.L. 63-43, 38 STAT. 251, 12 USC 221).

However, this 20-year corporate life was changed to perpetual in 1927 by Act of Feb. 25, 1927 (44 Stat. 1234) as follows:

Second. To have succession after February 25, 1927, until dissolved by Act of Congress or until forfeiture of franchise for violation of law.

This institution is making me physically sick. I can't get over the evil perpetrated. We live in a sort of fairyland, everything since 1913 has been unnatural, fiat money is organized and centralized, and forces business as well as personal development with a steady "invisible" hand, yet this hand controlled by the cartel. Almost everything that has evolved in this country since we went off honest money has been a product of this control. Wars, financial ruin, moral decay has all been perpetrated for the sole purpose of power and financial gain by a small group of men. Part of me is envious, wanting to be "on their side", because their power is limitless. The problem is they have such as grasp, just after a 20 year charter, their "board of governors" from the 2nd Bank of the United States threatened to "ruin" the economy, and even began a campaign against Andrew Jackson. They don't care about the welfare of Americans, it's a profit driven institution. I read most states still have the gold/silver clause but, when FDR pulled the plug on gold in 1933, he effectively suspended those states from operating legally. This is absolute craziness. I'm not sure how to reduce their power, but websites like this, Americans making steps to inform and execute is at the core where it begins. Sorry for the rant...I digress...
Don't sound so glum.

Thanks for the information. That is important to know about 1927. However it did not change the Run. People (banks) still threatened to run the Fed in 1933 and caused FDR to order up the Bankers' Holiday. It makes more sense to me now. Congress had okayed the perpetuity in 1927? Well, there you have it. I always thought it was just some Presidential constructive trust: