Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff Clarke: ‘Assault’ on Policing Hasn’t Been Seen Since 60s

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    This gives me more to chew on ... keep filling the plates as always, allodial.

You can consider those "communities" containment units.
    Funny, allodial was the one who "filled the plate" with the "Breitbart" sourced video which you continue to "chew on".

I agree with allodial's comment, "...I find Sheriff Clarke's taking a stand to be awesome..." and with Sheriff Clarke's sentiments; in my opinion, your views do not coincide with either.

It is you who is bummed out because I do not buy into your absolutism on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Ever seen District 9? I know of a very honest and intelligence brown-skinned man (one of the most intelligent folks I've ever met) that lived near St. Louis in a quite nice neighbhorhod. He had a job a a manager at a restaurant and could easily ride his bike to work. He told me that EVERY MORNING the cops would stop him and detain him and question him in the same line of questioning for months and months. Among the questions was "Why don't you get a car?". Those cops are behaving more like "Forest Wardens". If he had a car, they would have had actual more "jurisdiction" over him. Since he was avoiding going in debt over buying a car and being trapped into paying fees/fines, they harassed him daily.
    Palani (from another forum) was big on Forest Law (royal demense) in English history.

Seems Forest Law was 'outside the law'. Rights were curtailed rather than wholesale abrogation or removal.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-05-15 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    I agree with allodial's comment, "...I find Sheriff Clarke's taking a stand to be awesome..." and with Sheriff Clarke's sentiments; in my opinion, your views do not coincide with either.

It is you who is bummed out because I do not buy into your absolutism on the issue.
    No, you are projecting.
    Conservatives are the most offended (and combative) when you don't toe their ideological line.
    You are free to your opinion. Just don't ever expect my agreement with it.

At this point, no budging shall occur. We can simply leave it at we mutually disagree with our counter-party's arguments and position.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-05-15 at 03:55 PM.

No, you are projecting.
    Conservatives are the most offended (and combative) when you don't toe their ideological line.
    You are free to your opinion. Just don't ever expect my agreement with it.

At this point, no budging shall occur. We can simply leave it at we mutually disagree with our counter-party's arguments and position.
    No one else supports your false assertion that I am "projecting"; you keep repeating that in the hopes that someone may actually believe it.

I already have stated that I prefer clarity over agreement; it is not my intent to get you to agree, just to clarify the reasons for the stance taken on the threads topic.

BTW, who said I am a "conservative"?

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans
    I already have stated that I prefer clarity over agreement; it is not my intent to get you to agree, just to clarify the reasons for the stance taken on the threads topic.
    You mean you seek consensus from others.
    Even if I am the only one here with these opinions and stances, I continue to stand upon them as a reflection of my experiences.

A majority only means something in a democracy.

BTW, who said I am a "conservative"?
    You gave yourself away as soon as you used "liberal" as a pejorative.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-05-15 at 04:15 PM.

Millions (of other African-Americans) support my position.
    You just happen to be one who doesn't. Not that I would expect you to being you haven't walked this road.
    My assertions are true and factual. I would support them with first hand, personal testimony from personal experience.
    How about you?

You prefer your opinion. No denying that.
    Your biases are clear. I wouldn't deny that.
    You've provided no clarity. I wouldn't deny that either.
    Millions (of other African-Americans) support your false assertion that I am "projecting"??? Wow, how do you know that? Do I have that much widespread influence that you have garnered a consensus of "millions" who see this supposed "projection"? Please be honest and actually read what I write before you dry-heave your responses.

I believe that many, many people support Sheriff Clarke, and he actually has PROOF; he was re-elected with the support of many black votes in his community.

I believe Sheriff Clarke's assertions are true and factual and he supports them with first hand, personal testimony from personal experience. That is what upsets you.

Of course I prefer my opinion, do you not prefer yours? What a redundant statement.

Your biases are painfully clear, anyone can see that.

I've provided the clarity that I agree with Sheriff Clarke's comments; it is you who are denying him simply because he is able to intelligently articulate a common sense stance that differs with yours. The fact that he is "African-American" is really at the heart of your vitriol.

I've provided the clarity that I agree with Sheriff Clarke's comments; it is you who are denying him simply because he is able to intelligently articulate a common sense stance that differs with yours. The fact that he is "African-American" is really at the heart of your vitriol.
    The fact he is "African-American, he should know better. We all make choices, however.

I'm going to say that the usage of Sheriff Clarke by law enforcement and the conservative media is the same tactic that was used by Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood to sell their wares irrespective of the soundness of it all.

Nothing new. A common technique used throughout history.

If not the above, at least it makes conservatives feel good about themselves.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-05-15 at 04:24 PM.

Sheriff Clarke seems legit to me. He is not "police officer". If he was a major-city Chief of Police, I might call it 'soup'. But he is a real, on the line sheriff (not a police officer, you really have to get the police and liberals vs sheriff and de jure government paradigm behind this thread). Chiefs of Police tend to be inexperienced appointees without any police experience. As for cops, there are also those like Jack McLamb (see video below). There are many good cops. It takes a certain patience and perspective to see how even cops can be trapped into something they didn't intend to be involved in. Its important to realize that those that use badges and government to perpetrate crimes are not government, but are criminals in disguise pretending to be government officials (18 USC 241 speaks of going about in disguise). At the least, pray to have them flushed out.

Last edited by allodial; 04-05-15 at 05:23 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

You mean you seek consensus from others.
    Even if I am the only one here with these opinions and stances, I continue to stand upon them as a reflection of my experiences.

A majority only means something in a democracy.

You gave yourself away as soon as you used "liberal" as a pejorative.
    You are either intentionally lying or demented; show everyone where I used the word "liberal" in this thread even once.

It is your "plate-filler" allodial who has used that word on numerous occasions within this thread. Will you now label allodial a "conservative" for using said "pegorative"?

This isn't the first time you have done this; I NEVER attached or pasted anything from "Breitbart" as you also falsely accused.

This is why I do not hold your opinion in any regard on this topic; you are obviously blinded by your ideology to the point of accusing me of things I do not do.

Sound like a familiar tactic used by the "mainsteam media" who also hold the same opinions as you. Thank God we have people like Sheriff Clarke who are honest and honorable when expressing their opinions even in the face of the vitriol coming from people like you.

You are either intentionally lying or demented; show everyone where I used the word "liberal" in this thread even once.

It is your "plate-filler" allodial who has used that word on numerous occasions within this thread. Will you now label allodial a "conservative" for using said "pegorative"?

This isn't the first time you have done this; I NEVER attached or pasted anything from "Breitbart" as you also falsely accused.
    You are right. Several errors made on my part.

This is why I do not hold your opinion in any regard on this topic; you are obviously blinded by your ideology to the point of accusing me of things I do not do.
    That's fine. I stills stand on my opinion.

Sound like a familiar tactic used by the "mainsteam media" who also hold the same opinions as you. Thank God we have people like Sheriff Clarke who are honest and honorable when expressing their opinions even in the face of the vitriol coming from people like you.
    Don't forget those millions of African-Americans who hold this opinion as well.