Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
In the older days the birth events were registered in a family bible.
Who owned the bible?
The family did.
What rights were granted to them from that registration?

How would one travel around the world if they never got a SOLB?
COULD BE BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WE THINK IT IS AS COMPARED TO WHAT IT REALLY IS.
We know the BC is an instrument, and it is evidence of a state agency, and governs the survey and the name thereon.

THAT IS ALREADY HAPPENING WITH THE SOLB
Respectfully disagree. What I really think is happening with the BC is, the states (in their role as corporate subsidiaries of the US federal government) are finding an alien and creating a person based on a survey. They are coming in as parens patriae, and giving the newfound child civil rights, and granting parents custody of the child (in most cases).

Regarding Bibles, recordings in family Bibles are regarded as evidence of parentage. There's nothing to stop anyone from recording their baby's names in a family Bible, and if ever there is a question of identity, it can be brought in to support various assertions. But I can't think of any rights being granted by doing that.

As far as traveling across borders, the BC would still be available, assuming states followed the law, and made the required registrations. But this brings up another interesting question: Whatever gave people the idea that they had the right to use the BC? I think what's happening is, people just assume that they can, and they pick up a copy of their record and begin using it.

The idea of preempting the State's registration, is to give people's offspring the ability to rebut presumptions made by states, that the person in question may or may not be an US citizen. Here, there would be a clear line between state citizens and US citizens.