Thread: Certificate of Origin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulution View Post
    The D/B/A form is to establish the relationship and the contradistinction between name & NAME, and to avoid violating false-impersonation/using assumed name statutes? Is the D/B/A form necessary for being able to redeem lawful money because the bank establishes the account using the NAME? I have seen and read about people using name d/b/a NAME on the back of checks.

I apologize for asking day-one questions. I am trying to do my own due diligence, but it is tough for me to decipher information from disinformation. I am a new student to the Law, and simply need a point in the right direction.. please.

Thank you for your time and efforts!
    No problem! In Colorado it costs $80 to register a DBA at the county clerk and recorder. My given or Christian name or names, Black's Fifth definition, so I registered a trust vehicle into that TRUST. I don't like to think they wanted to bust me for criminal impersonation had I refused to sign the DBA - One in the Same Person Form. That may have been it though.

I like how it works out for the good. Always!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    No problem! In Colorado it costs $80 to register a DBA at the county clerk and recorder. My given or Christian name or names, Black's Fifth definition, so I registered a trust vehicle into that TRUST. I don't like to think they wanted to bust me for criminal impersonation had I refused to sign the DBA - One in the Same Person Form. That may have been it though.

I like how it works out for the good. Always!!
    After watching Rob Ryder's "Claim the Name before They do" I did some reading through the lens of Oklahoma (The state on which I live) about D/B/A's, which are also called "fictitious or assumed name" for establishing a company. Is this what you did? Establish a D/B/A (which would/can be a trust, right?) and then register the vehicle to said trust?