My point was basically that they have fiduciary responsibility to stockholders. Shutting down even an interest-free account is unwise. For example you have the right to go buy a picketing license and walk back and forth in front of their bank with a big sign tied on - front and back. They may go asunder anyway, just out of poor risk management.

One thing new though - Congress raised the Debt Ceiling. This may embolden your bank to violate your right.

You have a right to do business there so long as you are within the constraints of the law. My explorations on Quatloos are showing up even here. One Quatlude is bringing to light that PayPal and your bank may be extraterritorial nations with their own internal policies acting for the law. The idea that you can sign on for a law where they can freeze your funds from you during a dispute is foreign to this constitutional republic called America. It smacks of law by agreement, not constitution.

Mostly my point was that it is not them shutting down your account. They have not violated you yet. Only distracted you into feeling violated.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9...ormfederal.pdf