David,

Today I went to my credit union and deposited my checks as usual. But, I began to ask the teller a series of questions related to our discussion.

Have you ever had anyone in here demand lawful money, or to hold their account in US bank notes?

Do you have any special accounts that aren't interest bearing?

I by signing this personal check through an endorsement, am handing you title to my money and granting you the right to loan it through the reserve system, is that correct?

That is when she called the manager. Then things got a little more interesting. I sat down with the Adam for over 30 minutes. We discussed the negotiable aspects of a check, in theory the whole pay to bearer, pay to the order of is very clear, but at the end of the day, indeed it is a negotiable instrument, and the bank has the power to choose to cash it or not. ID could be required or not, it all up to them. Then we got into US Notes vs FRNs, and began talking about my request of non-endorsement (That is to not allow them title to my money and give them the ability to stretch it through fractional reserve banking). Keep in mind this is a VERY conservative credit union. Either way, I told him what if I didn't agree to loaning my money to them and receiving and interest bearing account, what if I just wanted them to hold my money. At the end of the day, I am taking a risk loaning my money to them, for what, .2%? All I want is for them to act as a custodian, a guard for my money. He said, well, what's in it for you? I said, well, in my small way, I feel it my patriotic duty not to increase the national debt, and don't want to bolster the Federal Reserve, as I don't trust that system with my money. You could feel the power shift in the room a bit, he sat back in his chair and said, "I've never heard this before, if it's true, I may want to open an account like this." That statement was awesome. Either way, he is going to the powers that be to ask more questions.

I told him the biggest thing here is not whether your credit union will do it or not (because they may), but if it's even possible. Are there any fees, is it their fiduciary duty to their shareholders (members own shares of the credit union) to offer this as remedy. Anyways, I left on a positive note, we scheduled another meeting as a followup. I will keep you up to date on my findings. Either way David, you have started something. It's now clear to me we are a lot more free then we think, more times then not, through ignorance, we choose to be slaves. This indeed is a truly depressing reality.