Thread: Allah? The Moon God?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That Simonians who called themselves Christian or heretical Gnostics would use that symbol makes perfect sense. As a symbol for Melchizedek, Essenes or true Judeans/Israelites dunno about that. If you look closely at the Koran, Mohamed relates the same Gnostic story about the crucifixion and that is very telling because it conflicts with both the Bible record of the crucifixion and the Talmud's record of his execution. More than one author has pegged Mohamed as having studied Mani and others students of Simon Magus which Rome is said to have embraced and made a "god".

In Revelations 12, the woman clothed with the stars had the moon at her feet and a crown of twelve stars. The moon being at he feet doesn't jibe with making it a symbol to serve under. Furthermore, making representations of things in heaven to worship them doesn't jibe either.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them... Exodus 2:4-5 (5 in part)
    And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. Revelations 12:1-2
    And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. 10And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth? 11And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying. Genesis 3:9-11
    The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    The crescent moon as a symbol for Simonians or the various syncretic secret societies or heretical Gnostics makes sense. But for the true believers or followers of Christ, not at all.

Related:
    Simon Magus, Gnosticisim, the Ebionites & Islam
    Last edited by allodial; 06-21-15 at 09:51 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.