Thread: Adam, Satan, and the King of Tyre: The Interpretation of Ezekiel 28:11-19 in Late Ant

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Re: Hearsay
    That something was or is hearsay did or does not invalidate it.
    If someone gives you a first-hand report it is not hearsay. Its only when you relate second-hand what you have heard first-hand from someone else does it become hearsay.
    in a childlike way.. if I hear someone, anyone say something. it is indeed hear-say. not to be argumentative but thats just what it is. it is first hand hearsay.

Hearsay and Heresy Have Unrelated Linguistic Roots (hear + say != heresy)
    From Grammarphobia.com:
    grammarphobia.com LOL I like that! and "gramarphobia" I can relate too. ever hear of moneyphobia? it can happen from trying to follow David Merril's methodology and not being able to completely figure it out.

There is more relationship between 'creator' and 'creditor' than between heresy and hearsay. The English language is not the best language to attempt word cleverness like that.
    phonetically theyre about the same? if there is a better language for word cleverness (I cant even imagine it) what is it?

synncromatically LOL Im also on this "page" http://www.psyche.com/psyche/qbl/for...rlanguage.html I started a thread and bumped it yesterday with a link to this site. now Im finding I have a keen interest in learning hebrew but that sure seem a mighty lofty goal for me. for now I will keep reading the site in the link. the page I linked is as good as any to get an idea what the site is about but I linked it here due to the synchronicity it shares with your post (seemingly to me anyway) but also MJs following posts but in a different syncron.

speaking of David though.. where are you man? hope all is well!

thanks for your input on hearsay allodial, it makes sense too.

thanks
    Last edited by george; 07-25-15 at 03:44 AM.