An early foray into presumption of death statute was the Cestui Que Vie Act of 1666 which allowed a litigant to invoke a presumption of death in regards to life estates where a beneficiary: ...
I have a couple of questions about the Cestui Que Vie Act of 1666: that Act (translated - "that killed this life") starts with the presumption that the natural person is dead, and sets up a trust to control all the person's assets (including the future value of the (dead?) person's labor), and makes the state the trustee. It would seem that the Social Security Trust, using the SS#, is such a CQVT. Being a legal fiction, it is subject to (controlled by) the corporate entity that created it, ie, the state. So when you stand up in court and say 'yes, your honor, that's me', you have just become property of your estate, and have just entered into voluntary servitude, giving up all your inalienable rights. So I can see how the CQVT would be popular with the state, as it eliminates all those sticky issues about inalienable rights.
So, first, is the SS trust such a CQVT? Is it based on the 1666 law, or has the US changed/added to that initial bit of shyster lawyering? The 1666 law had a section which allowed the 'presumed dead' person to make an appearance (presumably in the court, since it was agent for the trustee) to prove they weren't dead, at which point all the trust assets would revert to the natural person, even if the trust had been probated. Does such a right attach to the current version of the US trust? Would there be any value in appearing (where?) and claiming the reversion, ie, becoming the trustee of your own trust? Has anyone done this? Just asking, for now.