Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lemony Gnosticism

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    Many tactics are used to make mysticism, whether jewish or christian, more palatable to most of the unsuspecting people - comedy functions extremely well in this regard.

The entertainment industry is riddled with promotion of any agenda/tactic meant to undermine belief in the one true Creator, the God of Abraham who took on flesh and redeemed His creation from the world.

JohnnyCash
    I'm flattered you share so much here, at the expense of your other Theaters of Operation.

I'm flattered you share so much here, at the expense of your other Theaters of Operation.
    Please enlighten everyone as to which other "Theaters of Operation" you refer.

I guess it was just "drive-by" paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    The movie Noah has not so subtle gnostic overtones, with a sprinkle of kabbalah and other mystic traditions blended together. Lamech tries to impart the "luminescent power of the serpent skin" to his young son Noah???
    I simply had the unction to ignore the movie and not bother watching it--not even for research purposes. The above give further credence.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    I simply had the unction to ignore the movie and not bother watching it--not even for research purposes. The above give further credence.
    Pardon my unction; I thought I was further elucidating upon the threads premise.

Apparently, JohnnyCash also found my contribution a target for cynicism.

In the future, I will take care to not interrupt where I am not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Pardon my unction; I thought I was further elucidating upon the threads premise.

Apparently, JohnnyCash also found my contribution a target for cynicism.

In the future, I will take care to not interrupt where I am not wanted.
    My point was that I had the strong sense to not go see the movie and your post (being right to the point) reiterates the unction to avoid it being sound. I knew the movie would be "off". Your input is much appreciated. Also, I suspect Noah's Ark was a type of 'church'. The old Charleston Heston were subversive enough (Biblical still small voice vs Hollywood booming thunderous voice).
    Last edited by allodial; 02-22-15 at 01:19 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    My point was that I had the strong sense to not go see the movie and your post (being right to the point) reiterates the unction to avoid it being sound. I knew the movie would be "off". Your input is much appreciated. Also, I suspect Noah's Ark was a type of 'church'. The old Charleston Heston were subversive enough (Biblical still small voice vs Hollywood booming thunderous voice).
    Understood.

My apologies for misconstruing your response. I rather enjoy your input here and it's nice to know you reciprocate the sentiment.

Keep up the good work my friend.

That is enough. Johnny has been permanently banished.