Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
Perhaps this is how it works in the IRS Ogden Campus:

Layne Carver: you got a minute?

Bill: Sure

Layne: Got a taxpayer here, system flagged in 2013 for nonfile in TY2012 with 1099 income. Thing is ... my Civil Penalty letters never went out.

Bill: okay . . .

Layne: so TY2013 same taxpayer files, but non-reports his 1099 income. Zero-income. I set the system to issue the CP treatment but again ... no notices went out.

Bill: and?...

Layne: the only one able to override is General Counsel. That's you Bill.

Bill: well, sometimes things mess-up. Maybe 1099s were in error; maybe filer really had no income.

Layne: Are you saying, not all income is income?

Bill: I'm saying mistakes can happen, but this... taxpayer here, John whathisname, it's nothing for you to worry your pretty little head over.

Layne: Exsqueeze me? Listen Bill, there's talk going around... that group in Colorado, this lawful money thing. That it's the real deal. And if so, then we're really taxing Federal Reserve currency, not all income.

Bill: O that's absurd.

Layne: Is it? I looked at John's TY2013 1040, and he takes a lawful money negative on Line 21 and it sails through, no flags, no notices. Putting 2 and 2 together here...

Bill: Do you like having a job here? all the benefits & perks?

Layne: What's that supposed to mean? Bill, my name is on all these notices. I'd like to know if I'm ... I'm just helping you collect on the biggest scam known to man.

Bill: Scam? [nervous laughter] Layne Carver's not your real name anyway. Hey listen, I'm late for a meeting. [graps laptop and scurries off]
A big LOL JC !!