Thread: The Road to Ownership

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    I concur that there have seemed to be widespread misconceptions as to what or who the "general public" is or is not. It seems that the general public although is never presumed to be comprised of living souls, although one might fall asleep with one or more masks on and forget.... Although its possible for someone to volunteer into being part of the general public. I don't suspect the general public and the People to be the same. However, it is possible for someone to wear multiple hats..or masks.

Someone once mentioned something about the lack of "People" in the UK. I suspect that is because the People are expected to be in their private households rather than dwelling in the public.

Its interesting that such significance was placed on George Washington when he was a commissioned officer, in the military, a subject of the United States of America by such implication. And so the public schools point at that as the ideal model--afterall, they are public schools--training the public, right? So their students are encouraged to see being a public officer and property of the United States (i.e. soldier) to be the ideal. Would public schools providing private education be anything other than along the lines of an oxymoron?
    Public office.
    Public purse.
    Public law.
    Public policy.
    Public finance.
    Public corporation.
    Public sector accounting.

The term 'public' is synonymous with government.
    Being the terms public and government are fungible, substitute government for public in the above for revelation.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 03-01-15 at 11:19 AM.