[QUOTE=allodial;19206]The AARP has started getting active in taking action to protect the retired from adversely exploitive HOAs and HOA agreements. Some of the worst ever agreements or contracts I have seen are HOA agreements as in horrid as to the terms of the agreement.

First I want to clarify a few things. As far as claiming the condo apartment as mine, it is on shared land. I do not see that as "viable". Second, we are talking around $1000 in property taxes. We are not talking about much here. Third, I certainly did not expect the property appraiser to roll over and say, YOU ARE RIGHT. Property now exempt.

My second comment is to provide a different point of view of HOAs. I am on the board of this HOA and I can state and also prove how well run this one is. Financially, we can not be any better. Maintenance wise we are in very good shape. This was not the case 5 years ago before our group took over. The financial condition was so bad and the previous board was most corrupt, it required attorneys to get them out. HOAs serve a purpose, though I am not defending them. IF one desires to live inexpensively AND the HOA is run well, it is a win win. I can say the same thing about government. If the people are honest in government and people want to abide by certain guidelines subject to certain duties, it really is not a big deal. WE DO HAVE NATURAL LAW ON PLANET EARTH, WHERE WE DO NOT NEED TO HAVE WRITTEN ON PAPER THE GOLDEN RULE. The issue is UNREASONABLENESS. We have a system in place now that has the federal reserve system in place. Putting that issue to the side. Many do not have an issue "paying taxes, etc" as we believe that that provides for the good for the people. We know that is not the case. Paying for anything only provides personal profit and gain for a group of bankers and their henchmen. But most people being reasonable BELEIVE OUR MONEY [lol] is ours. Legally we know this is not the case. The government officials are no different than condo commando board, just at a higher level. Until we change the consciousness of the people, nothing is going to change.

My overall point, maybe not well stated, is that whether HOA, government or Universal Law, we all have rules to live by. We can not think of just ourselves but must look at others as well. It is about WE not me. It does not mean, I exclude myself. It just means I attempt to live in harmony with others. pulling the engine from my car and leaving it in the driveway so everyone can see oil and engine all over is probably not the best place to fix a car. In the same manner, I should not have to listen to my neighbors playing loud music after 10 PM, and further still WE, as a people should not be subject to public officials knowingly breaking the law or bringing harm to the public in any way. Public official hold a position of trust.