Thread: Adventures in land ownership

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Quit Claim Deed is the next thing I want to look at in this thread.
    Attached is the Quit Claim Deed for the mineral rights to my land, which were conveyed to me separately.
    The mineral rights (mining rights as I understand it) to the entire area of Tennessee that I'm in had been held by a holding company which held the assets of a bankrupt mining company.
    They were released some years later to a land speculator via Quit Claim Deed (he owned about a thousand acres here) after it was determined that there was nothing to mine here.
    My land has never been mined, but there's an old mine about 8 miles away.
    More on that history later.

Years ago I met the old land speculator in person and got to ask him some questions about the land.
    He passed on the Quit Claimed mineral rights pertaining to my parcel to me shortly before he died.

The so-called "hydrocarbon estate", i.e. any oil, coal or natural gas that may exist beneath the surface of the land I'm on, was never released by the mining companies which used to own all the land here.
    It is still being bought and sold separately from the surface land by oil companies, if it indeed exists.
    I'll show an example of that later.

I'm trying out a larger file size for the attachments in the hopes it will be legible.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus