Thread: The Realm of the Serpent

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I was in your camp for a few decades of my life. Now it seems rediculous to accuse God of anything, like he is not where you are at, the accuser - much less of necromancy and reanimation. It seems so unnatural to conjure up such extraordinary one-time events.
    Perhaps you take a pantheistic view? God making laws for men didn't make him subject to the same laws. Similar the creator establishing laws and nature for creation doesn't make the creator subject to the laws which govern creation. Its just your idea that God is somehow bound to do what he tells creation to do seems very odd to me. I'm just not sure how logic would follow that someone who creates a company and restricts it to farming corn somehow becomes locked into farming corn himself. A parent requires a teenager to go to bed at 9:30PM on school nights, how does that become a requirement for the parent to go to bed at 9:30PM?

You yourself quoted typed something like "the lord giveth the lord taketh away". That means if someone takes your life, the lord can giveth it back if he sees fit. Perhaps you are looking to some doctrine other than that which is referred to in the Tanach, Pentateuch or NT?

Also, I've yet to find any evidence that the laws given to the Israelites during the Exodus were ever made universal law.
    Last edited by allodial; 11-24-16 at 05:00 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.