Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
Perhaps you take a pantheistic view? God making laws for men didn't make him subject to the same laws. Similar the creator establishing laws and nature for creation doesn't make the creator subject to the laws which govern creation. Its just your idea that God is somehow bound to do what he tells creation to do seems very odd to me. I'm just not sure how logic would follow that someone who creates a company and restricts it to farming corn somehow becomes locked into farming corn himself. A parent requires a teenager to go to bed at 9:30PM on school nights, how does that become a requirement for the parent to go to bed at 9:30PM?

You yourself quoted typed something like "the lord giveth the lord taketh away". That means if someone takes your life, the lord can giveth it back if he sees fit. Perhaps you are looking to some doctrine other than that which is referred to in the Tanach, Pentateuch or NT?

Also, I've yet to find any evidence that the laws given to the Israelites during the Exodus were ever made universal law.
Rejecting the Creator/creation paradigm is at the core of this belief. Nothing unique about it; it is just repackaged Babylonian / Pagan / Gnostic / Theosophic / Pantheistic doctrine which demotes the Creator as being on an equal plane with His creatures and/or His creation.

Some claim to be God, some claim "God is Everywhere" meaning that He is not a Unique and Personal Being who is ALWAYS greater and above His creation as a Loving Father.

The humanistic mind cannot fathom a greater, higher and more powerful source to whom it owes its life and whose commands it must obey. Nothing new under the sun.