(Preface: My phone, and therefore Internet capability, is going to be impaired for at least another week due to the demand for repairs in my area after the storm that went through on the 9th, so I'm unable to research this at home and must find WiFi spots to connect.)

Let me try to outline the situation as it presently stands.

1. The Muni court judge has assumed jurisdiction based on my not having objected to his assertion of such at the arraignment.

2. After the above mentioned occurrence in #1, the judge then accepted my papers proving "refused for cause" was properly served, because now he has jurisdiction and the papers can be ignored. The refused citation clearly shows a reservation of rights (without prejudice) signed above my First Middle signature, which the judge acknowledged after gaining jurisdiction.

3. The judge then, over my stated objection which he recognized in court, created paperwork to appoint an attorney for me. The paperwork states that I am not to contact the attorney before Sept. 24. (So, I'm wondering if there is something I can do before then -- make motions, submit affidavits or whatever -- in an attempt to regain some personal control over the proceedings.) Does anyone know the significance of not contacting the attorney?

4. The judge then created paper work for the setting of a trial, bypassing Preliminary Hearing and Pretrial. There's a box checked that reads: "Appear at a mandatory pretrial conference per attached notice." I'm not sure what this is in reference to. And I don't know what the "attached notice" is in reference to since there isn't any. The only papers I have are: a document stating the name address and phone number of the appointed attorney; an Order Regarding Counsel appointing the attorney; and the document ordering me to appear at trial on Nov. 27th. So, I'm not sure what this "attached notice" is in reference to.

5. Trial was set for November 27 at 2:00 pm.

6. Judge asked before closing the proceeding: "Do you have anything you want to say?" Not being aware (at that moment) of the opportunity to object, I missed an opportunity to object to the proceedings and withdraw consent.

7. I was released on my own recognizance and ordered not to "drive."

Given these circumstances, I need to know how I can proceed to endeavor to get the truth of the situation on the record, and also what I can legally do to influence the situation from this point on, seeing as an attorney has been appointed (who I have yet to see or contract with).

Some thoughts that have occurred to me, although I don't know if I am allowed to file anything to get it on the record (even though I haven't accepted the attorney; I realize the attorney is being forced on me at this point "under protest"). I'm just putting these out to see if there is something positive I can do to begin influencing the direction of things:

1. File an affidavit revoking power of attorney of gov't officials.

2. File an affidavit accepting the oath of office of the judge and prosecuting attorney (supplied with certified copies of said oaths to establish a record) putting them on notice to follow their constitutional duties. (I also have an Affidavit of Administrative Notice, which was recorded and sent four years ago to the State Dept. of Transportation and the County Sheriff -- with proof by certificate of mailing -- but these would need to be recognized in a court that is superior to the inferior court with which I am presently entangled to be effective.)

3. File a Motion to Withdraw Plea (to establish a hearing). I don't think this would do any good if I were still under the power of attorney of the attorney appointed. Am I correct in that assumption? In other words, he would be in control of any dealing with the judge at the hearing and not myself. I would not be able to ask my questions in the way and under the circumstance that I want in order to establish on the record certain facts. (David made this clear in his last reply, so this point can be disregarded.)

4. There is something I read recently about "assistance of counsel" I believe it is called. Does anyone know anything about this and its significance?

5. Will a notice of violation of Title 18 Sec. 241 (Conspiracy against rights) to the gov't "actors" have any effect on these actors? Or will it just cause them to fly off the handle and issue threats. (On second thought, this might not be a good idea.)

What I'm endeavoring to determine is: what procedures am I able to use that they cannot block. If I'm unable to accomplish anything in the above list, then it seems that I have no other alternative than to endure the trial. At which point I will have an opportunity at allocution to enter testimony.

I need some clarification about allocution and what, beyond saying "I do not consent to these proceedings," that I can bring out. I read that one can bring out defects in pleadings, at which point I can point out that I am not in receipt of a verified complaint, etc. The plaintiff has an obligation under the ruling in Hagans vs Lavine (415 US 533) to provide evidence on the record to rebut the challenge. But also that this matter was "refused for cause" at the outset, but said refusal was not recognized by the court. This would also be a good point to bring in the Affidavit of Administrative Notice recorded at the county recorder.

Right about now, I'm feeling as though that sinking feeling has abated somewhat, and that I have a chance to set the record straight. (On second thought, maybe not.)