Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
I think the purpose for taxation simply is domination, not dominion. Here (in trust kaw) we have an example of a mental model being created and thrust upon people without their knowledge, therefore without their consent. I'm speaking about trusts in general, not merely deeds of trust.
Taxes are tribute.
A tax system is a tributary system.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan
Now then, if society collapses because certain groups of people holding positions of power within it are engaging in dishonest and self-aggrandizing behavior, so be it. Perhaps societal collapse could be avoided, but that would require more people to understand their role in the overall societal trust. How many take the time to do that? And how could they know they're understanding correctly?
Government is a public trust.
A public trust is synonymous with charitable trust.
The trust will be formed by declaration. A public trust established by "the People" typically takes the form of a constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan
The trust model is useful for those in power. In fact, it appears to be the engine of domination in society to me. When I discovered that all property vests in the state, supposedly for my benefit, I have to say I was a bit perturbed by that. The sovereign gathers taxes at all checkpoints in the trust, and for what? To assert dominion over people, not merely things. That is radically evil in my estimation.
Society seems more like a pyramid to me.
Pyramids are for purposes of separating energies.

For example in a corporation, benefits and goodies tend to flow upward while burdens and duties tend to flow downward.
This is separation of the energies of rights, benefits from duties and obligations.

If I plant a tree, its fruits are my reward. In the aforementioned scenario, the rights, benefits, duties, and obligations are vested in the same entity.