Thread: Common Law Marriages in New York - There are still ways to defeat a State ban !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loveunderlaw View Post

If you file a Notarized and witnessed (by at least two witnesses) marriage contract with yourself and your husband\wife with the County Clerks office, you are married in spite of what the bureacrap garbage heads try to spew from their mouths in the State legislature!
    I wish I had thought of that before I married my wife the second time, (just to get the powers that be to recognize it.)
    Blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    I wish I had thought of that before I married my wife the second time, (just to get the powers that be to recognize it.)

They don't want people to know that they still have any power left, but after you peel back all of the layers of BS the actual common law is still there! As free men and women in America, we have the right by law to contract with whomever we feel like. That is the essence of marriage too, it's a contract and an agreement for two people in love to act a certain way, and abide by the terms of the contract.

Common law marriage is for adults, civil marriage is for people that don't know the law and don't know that their marriage is not really a true marriage at all, because it involves three parties. Yourself, your mate, and the STATE ! Yes bureacraps we know that Polygamy is "illegal", unless the third party you marry is the STATE
    Last edited by loveunderlaw; 09-09-13 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Grammar correction.