Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: High Court of Chancery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Welcome Dreloc!

That is an interesting question.
    not to mention the syncro-ring it has to it.. hi Dreloc.

refreshing to see this thread again because I couldnt begin to comprehend the significance of it back when I first read it, not that now I can completely either.

someone on Rod Class's call that walter brought to our attention in the notary thread mentioned that it is a possibility. may want to check that (if it wasnt yourself that mentioned it there?)

If a court is admiralty, and one of the parties submits an affidavit to the fact that there is 'no contract concerning the matter', does that not end any admiralty question? It would seem to do something of the sort, combined with a demand for findings of fact and conclusions of law, would take the court out of admiralty. Am I mistaken that admiralty requires a contract?
    Last edited by pumpkin; 09-01-14 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    If a court is admiralty, and one of the parties submits an affidavit to the fact that there is 'no contract concerning the matter', does that not end any admiralty question? It would seem to do something of the sort, combined with a demand for findings of fact and conclusions of law, would take the court out of admiralty. Am I mistaken that admiralty requires a contract?
    You could start with the treatise "Benedict on Admiralty".
    You'll be able to find a copy on Google Books.
    The older versions are more clear in understanding than more recent versions.

You can thank the late, great "Informer" for this tip.