Thread: Leave 1040 Line 74(a) Blank?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I feel like you are changing the subject. You cannot claim to be Donald Duck and have it notarized. I was talking about a notary attesting to a human man or woman signing in front of him or herself in the official capacity of a notary.

To avoid arguing about your definition of common law, I like Black's Fifth. Here in Colorado we have such standing from the Territorial Laws of 1861 as found in the State Archives:

...or from the judgments and decrees of the courts recognizing, affirming, and enforcing such usages and customs; and in this sense, particularly the ancient unwritten law of England.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Anthony Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I feel like you are changing the subject. You cannot claim to be Donald Duck and have it notarized. I was talking about a notary attesting to a human man or woman signing in front of him or herself in the official capacity of a notary.

To avoid arguing about your definition of common law, I like Black's Fifth. Here in Colorado we have such standing from the Territorial Laws of 1861 as found in the State Archives:
    Prove it.

The point being is that having something 'notarized' does NOT make what is written upon it automatically true without the one who created the document to verify it.