Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Congrats on the win. Doug may be suggesting you could have done better, that you're only half the distance to the goal, maybe some trick involved here. There was about $7100 withheld in various federal taxes according to the W-2 form. Minus the $5000 refund means you paid about $2100 to the system. Now I'm not saying you're a wolf in sheep's underpants, or if they even wear underwear, but as an outlet for ideas ...
Correct. If this demand "lawful money and full discharge is demanded for all transactions 12 USC 411, 95a(2)" had been on record since Jan 1, 2013, then this filer could have gotten all $7100 FITW refunded. So, evidently, "co-mingling" of funds is not an issue. The $2100 was legitimately paid as a "usage fee" for the FRNs that were used.

And I now think that JohnnyCash's position that the IRS will probably not dispute 1040's with lawful money demands is correct.

It would stir up a more formal judicial recognition of this remedy, and thereby increase its publicity and use.

So, I am very grateful for what JohnnyCash has done and posted here for all of us to see that lawful money demands are being honored by the IRS, despite any "mistakes" being made by the filers.