Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
elsewhere some are saying to get the certificate of live birth authenticated and it will then be an original in your possession and since the Birth certificate is made by the certificate of live birth (the actual matrix or original instrument) they would then be your property.
Chopped this one to pieces and I don't buy it.
All BC are originals.
If you created the original then you are the holder in due course, you are liable on the instrument.

If you could hold the original SOLB where would you put it?
Once you remove the original from the states files you will become stateless and considered a refugee.
Then you would need protection from plunder because you have no nation.
You are not under a compact.
I can chain you up in my yard like a dog and there is nothing anybody can do for you.
Unless the state you just fled stands up for you and protects your refugee status under International law.
You see what just happened?
Lowering of your status.

Authentication proves they are truly a governemnt created document. (verifying the oath of the signatory)
Legalization makes the document valid in a foreign venue.
When you create a duplicate original document of title then both title holders are liable on the instrument.
Do you want to be liable for someone else instruments when you don't know what accounts and charges have been placed on them? No thanks.

I have called the authentication place in Canada a couple of times and asked them question.
They were very helpful in explaining to me the process.