Thanks guys for the response!

I work a regular W-2 job, and have Federal and State taxes withheld from my paychecks. When I get my paper check, this is what I take to the bank and make my demand against. This is the reason I used the NET Income on my taxes, as I thought that is all I could legally claim. It seemed to work for my federal taxes! I had a small leftover amount that could be taxed after other deducations (head of household, etc). I think I ended up getting all but $500 of my Federal tax back.

I am unsure of how to insert a picture into this thread as it wants me to point to a link. If anyone can tell me a good way to do that, I can upload all my stuff as a victory for filing Federal, and what I have so far with my State.

Basically, I go to the bank and fill out a deposit slip the typical way. I then add the verbage "REDEEMED LAWFUL MONEY PURSUANT TO 12 USC 411" right below my account number (as they have a large white-space there.

(Though I am curious, should I be using "lawful money and full discharge is demanded for all transactions 12 USC 411 and 95a(2)" ??)

I then flip my paycheck over and write the same thing above on the back of the check.

Then I take a picture of the front of the paycheck along with the deposit slip. Then I fold the paycheck, just the endorsed part so they can still see the front of the check and the check number and take another picture.

When I filed my taxes, I opened up MS Word and on each page, I had the front/back of each check on a page. So I sent them 28 pages of checks that were all endorsed the same way for 2013.