Thread: The Year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Yes, I see your point...

Num 28:17 corresponds exactly to Lev 23:6.

Both say unleavened bread is eaten for 7 days. Both say it is the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

But notice that is does NOT say "the 15th is the first day of the feast of unleavened bread".

Then we also see that Lev 23:6 and 7 both use the term "holy convocation" to set Day 1 and Day 7 apart from the other 5 Feast Days.

So, if one is a holyday (Day 1), then the other must be too (Day 7).

Now, notice that all seven days are Feast Days of the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

The 14th is the Feast of of Unleavened Bread (and also is a "holy convocation" day, Holyday 1).
    The 15th is the Feast of of Unleavened Bread.
    But the 16th is also the Feast of of Unleavened Bread.
    So is the 17th, 18th, 19th and the 20th (which also is a "holy convocation" day, Holyday 2).

Notice that the seven days of unleavened bread continues from the 14th until the 21st day, according to Ex 12:18 (not according "my argument").

Notice that the word "until" here must mean "not including", just as it also does in Ex 12:6.

This "interpretation" resolves the apparent contradiction in the Scriptures, for me, that seems to indicate that the 15th is the first day of unleavened bread in Lev 23:6 and Num 28:17, which would only account for 6 days of unleavened bread that must end at the start/evening of the 21st day of Nisan, and so not including the 21st.

But you are right about the Resurrection Day being significant. It is celebrated in the OT on what is called the "Wave Sheaf Offering" day (Lev 23:11), which is performed on "the morrow after the Sabbath", which is Sunday.

This coincides exactly with the literal day, Sunday, Nisan 18/April 7, Day 5 of the Feast, on which Jesus Christ was raised from the dead, and was presented to the Father in heaven for formal acceptance and recognition of His sacrifice and becoming the First of the Firstfruits.

But again, Day 5, the Wave Sheaf Day, symbolizing the Resurrection and Acceptance in Heaven event (Jn 20:1, 1) is NOT Day 7, the "Holy Convocation" Day, Holyday 2.

We cannot force the Wave Sheaf Day 5 to be the same as the Last Day of Unleavened Bread Day 7.

These are 2 separate days, indicating 2 separate events that are very significant.

So thank you for forcing me to delve into this more thoroughly. I genuinely appreciate your viewpoints and concerns to not miss the significance of the Lord's Resurrection.

Let's keep at this... I do not want to be brainwashing myself anymore than you would want to brainwash yourself.

I want the truth... and Jesus promised we can know it in Jn 16:13.
    CORRECTION TO ABOVE:

The above is true only if the year 30 A.D. is used as the basis or TYPE for the fulfillment of the remaining holydays.

There is no Scripture that I know of that declares that to be the case.

In actuality, since the New Moon can happen on any of the Gregorian weekdays, then it follows that the 7th Day of UB could likewise happen on any weekday.

So, when the 14th occurs on a Monday, making the weekly Sabbath the 6th day, then the Wave Sheaf can be waved on the very next day which is Sunday, which does occur on the 7th day of UB.

So, the Wave Sheaf can coincide with the 7th day of UB. It just did NOT coincide in the year 30 A.D. when Jesus Christ died.

Sorry for any confusion...

But since most of the time it does NOT coincide with the 7th day, there is still probable cause to believe that the Wave Sheaf Day and Holyday 2 are two separate events.
    Last edited by doug555; 04-26-15 at 10:34 PM.