Thread: The Year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    I would tend to suspect that a 'desert' would be where there would be spiritual dryness rather than a physical desert. A lot of folks seem to forget Isaiah was pre-exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Right. That is why I qualified my statement with "as posed by the OT".
    Name:  Red Sea wheel.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  4.3 KB

Would you also "tend to suspect" the allegorical view over a literal view of the Crossing of the Red Sea account?

Mic 7:15-16
    15 "As in the days when you came out from the land of Egypt, I will show you miracles." 16 Nations will see and be ashamed Of all their might. They will put their hand on their mouth, Their ears will be deaf.
    The red sea crossing artifacts links provide probable cause to "tend to suspect" a "literal view".

Notice that the above link also includes websites that claim this evidence is a "hoax". Of course, that can be expected from a worldview that does not want to acknowledge a literal God and personal accountability to same.

This "confusion" is exactly why a literal fulfillment of Holyday 2 is needed... to provide indisputable evidence that these 7 Holydays will be literally fulfilled in order to accomplish the Creator's MASTER PLAN to transform Man-Kind into members of His own God-Kind Family.

Where does it say that OT holy days had to be "fulfilled"?
    Mt 5:17
    Acts 3:18
    Isa 55:10-11
    Acts 1:9-11
    Mk 13:24-26
    Zech 14:4,9,16-19

Col 2:16-17
    16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day* - 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
    * "days" in NAS marginal reference
    Last edited by doug555; 04-25-15 at 11:49 PM.