Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
The Secret Admiralty paper led me to Proctor WISWALL's paper. Click Here. I kept seeing hits on WISWALL's paper but the actual papers were scrubbed. So I called him up and got his wife and a very peculiar reaction... Click Here.

Needless to say, I never received the paper from Mrs. WISWALL. Her behavior was as though the Bar Association was badgering her husband over what he said there about Erie Doctrine and One Form of Action (c. 1938 in the federal jurisdiction but the Masons show it in 1935 here in Colorado). After our conversation I probed with alternate search engines than Google and found it, as you see linked above.

There are reputation and other websites where you can pay a fee to get certain hits scrubbed off Google. I think somebody had done that to his paper.
If you intend to dive down this hole (and it is deep), I suggest Bendict's on Admiralty (1850's) as a companion guide.
There are also a number of really good Supreme Court cases that essentially give you a compact history lesson on Admiralty/Maritime such as Delivio v. Boit (1815). There are many more as well.