Thread: Redemption of Lawful Money at US Bank

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OlyThoreau View Post
    Thank you all for the discussions posted here. They have really helped me out in making some headway. I'm currently working with three different banks on this issue, laying the groundwork for others more than anything. I was successful at redeeming lawful money with my paper check last week at US Bank. Still working on getting my signature card changed there. I'm also working with Bank of America to get a new checking account set up with a signature card that has the stamped demand for lawful money. I've set up an account with a credit union, that is refusing to let me amend my signature card. I'll probably be waiting until I have success with both US Bank and Bank of America before putting much more effort in at the credit union.

Thanks Again,
    OT
    Just an update. I've received the stamps I had made for my checks and deposit/withdrawal slips. I'm now stamping my checks with:

Redeemed in Lawful Money
    Pursuant to 12 USC § 411

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/12C3.txt

I'm not using First Middle; dba Signature. No problem cashing the checks at all.
    Last edited by OlyThoreau; 10-30-11 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Formatting issue with size of URL