Thread: Republic of Texas became a unique limitation of scope comapred to other states.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    And you totally overlooked the source cites. I figured as much. Let my statements stand as they are with no rebuttal on your part.

Continue abandoning your position. You present a Supreme Court case. Cite none of the dicta or holdings. Reference two minor footnotes. Followed by this wild construction where the connection is at best weak and at worst misleading.

Let's try this: start with reading the actual case and what it says rather than these wild, weak constructions of your mind's imagination.

Cop out again. Now you are abandoning the case and switching to your "morals" and conscious. The argument is not about your supposed "morals" or your conscious, but your original premise along with the case presented and the weak nexus constructed by you.
    Stay on target, if you can.
    I say we can pretty much conclude you've abandoned your position.

Cop out 3: You realize what you've presented along with the constructed nexus do not solidly support your original premise.

Respond concerning your premise, its arguments, and supports thereto or don't respond at all.
    Save the moralizing speech for some other thread.
    More diversion I see to disassociate ones self from doing their own work, you continue to say i did not provide this and did not provide that. Like I said there is those who earn the knowledge and will far excel those who live off other peoples labors. David just provided a tremendous resource for the benefit of all and you did not even give it a thought, all you could think about is what you did not get.
    "You have to understand Neo, most of these people are not ready to
    be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

~ Morpheus / The Matrix movie trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    More diversion I see to disassociate ones self from doing their own work, you continue to say i did not provide this and did not provide that.
    And what of your premise, the case presented, and the nexus you attempted to create between them?
    Safe to say the ship has been abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by motla68
    Like I said there is those who earn the knowledge and will far excel those who live off other peoples labors.
    Is this your defense?
    Aren't you contradicting yourself using a Supreme Court case and a few scraggly footnotes?
    Last edited by shikamaru; 11-21-11 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    And what of your premise, the case presented, and the nexus you attempted to create between them?
    Safe to say the ship has been abandoned?

Is this your defense?
    Aren't you contradicting yourself using a Supreme Court case and a few scraggly footnotes?
    I have not abandoned myself, still recognize myself and I am my own court of conscience, the case is just a table ornament for conversation purposes.
    "You have to understand Neo, most of these people are not ready to
    be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

~ Morpheus / The Matrix movie trilogy.