Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
Yes. I had LIVINGSTON in mind. I've long had a sense of perhaps like a foreboding about the 1788 Constitution. The lack of quorum may have been also applicable to New York but primarily appears to be with respect to ratification of the Articles of Confederation. One thing that provided an interesting perspective was a comment by Rice MCLEOD about how certain Lenape/Delawares/Indians/Moors/Natives preferred peaceful co-existence with separate systems of law for the incoming Europeans and themselves (i.e. they were OK with them keeping their laws to themselves). Perhaps there were others who had the same viewpoint? So the Constitution of 1788 was perhaps about creating a new system with the Treaty With the Delawares and the Ft. Staniwix treaties in the backdrop..the result -> two parallel systems?

In view of the Articles of Confederation, the Treaty of Paris of 1783, the topic of postliminy, the 1788 Constitution . Perhaps Jay's Treaty provides further insight.
I have a little information on some of those but have never delved into them thoroughly. I am captivated by the Treaty of Fort Stanwix coming up in this context. I consider it the ceding of the entire USA to the US by praying on the ignorance of the Iroquois Federation's geography. In other words all lands west of an eastern seaboard river were given away. I have something around here (a thread) about the original scam being done by an attorney... I will link that when I find it.

I recall a child custody case I won and Dad was all hyped up that I cite the Jay Accord as we were into the Hague Convention already - Mom in Canada. I did so and he won custody and the local Supreme Court got all bent about it (notice the cure for SARS is a default judgment) but I did not pay enough attention to follow the model you are painting. A captivating model it is though!