Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
Yes. Sign your demand instead of signing endorsement. Your question is whether there might be repurcussions as I understand you. Since it is written into the law I doubt it. The only repurcussions are troublesome tellers now and again, not very often but since you are mailing your check in it is likely you will never hear about any problems. Keep a copy and if you start redeeming lawful money consistently then you may be able to avoid taxes and get withholdings refunded etc.

Nobody has gotten into trouble for redeeming lawful money in itself. The only suitors who are getting flack were first customers of Peter HENDRICKSON (now in prison) and his Cracking the Code technique of Zero Income Returns. It is too early to make conclusions about it but so far the accusation of fraud by omission seems to keep the $5K frivolous penalties in limbo anyway:

If I had known in good faith that I could redeem lawful money I would have been doing so since my first paycheck ever!
Thank you, David.

Would this be correct?

Redeemed in Lawful money
Pursuant to Title 12 USC §411
John Joseph dba John Joseph Doe dba LLC name
Account number XXXXXXXXXX

And is it OK to include a deposit slip -- and, if so, should I write anything on it other than the numbers in the usual spaces indicating the amount of the check?

And would doing this be likely to cause the brokerage firm to make a report to the IRS?